• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It is raining on DEMEBER 31

Snake River  King

Arrived in Bemidji at 1:15 this am from vacation and it was pouring out. The snow is gone and the lakes are full of water and no snow. My houses are staying in the yard until the lakes freeze up good and sturdy. I will be sitting in the house in the driveway dreaming of sitting on a lake. I can not believe this weather again this winter. Come on cold, we want you! grin.gif

Boat has gas! Minnows are ready! Crawlers might be tough to come by though....got Berkley Gulp though! wink.gif

Everybody's wanting cold and we're getting warmth. Maybe we gotta start talking warmth and it'll get cold?!?!?! crazy.giftongue.gifgrin.gif Gotta be a psychological name for that type of thinking right? wink.gif

As a native Minnesotan, I am, logically, in favor of global warming. I've frost-bitten enough digits for this lifetime.

HOWEVER, as an ice fisherman(person): this is ridiculous! For the past 10 years the better half and I have celebrated our late December anniversary in a shanty on Mille Lacs. Last year was close to not happening. This year wasn't even a question: if we can't drive out to the house, she won't go (we haven't even tried to get the 8x18 onto the lake yet).

At least the overnight rain (1+ inches) switched over to snow here in Elk River around 10AM. 2-3" since then. I think I'd better go make sure the snow blower is in tip-top shape!

TJ

I think in the long run the rain is better for more ice than the snow. I think if the rain was snow we would have a foot of snow on the ice by now and then it would take forever to freeze up good. Of course at the rate we are going it may rain until spring.

Either way you look at things ,this snow is going to kill the icemaking process for ,quite some time, no real cold temps forcast at all in southern minnesota, I have at least 4 inches of snow on ground at this time. frown.gif

Snow just stopped and we ended up with 6 inches. This can`t be

good for the rain soaked ice from yesterday. Good 1 inch rain.

If anything this will push the ice down and all the snow

will become waterlogged. But will it freeze with no real cold

air moving in. Not good unless we have a siberian express cold

front come down with some -20 air for a week. frown.gif

At least my son has something play in now, he came back in

soaked to the bone after 3 hours of sledding and building snow forts.

This weather is a real downer! Was on the lake tonight with at least 1-2" of rain ontop of the ice, pretty sloppy and miserable.

The weekly forecast is for middle to upper 30's through next Sunday...puts a damper on ice-fishing plans.

AND the season looked so promising during the middle of December!

When I got up yesterday I could see a lot of the lawn in my back yard. It was pouring like a banshee. By 6 p.m. I was out blowing snow. We ended up with 10" of the wet heavy stuff ontop of all that rain. This is going to make the lakes very sloppy frown.gif We are supposed to get more later in the week mad.gif. This will not make getting around for lake trout opener easy.