• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I went on a hike today....(many pics incl)

and came away with some memories...

An Opposum muchin' on some berries...

opossumonberrytree2lv1.jpg

opposumcloseup2za5.jpg

A few Bambi's nearby...

doesinthepassge5.jpg

doestaredown2vb0.jpg

doesideshotatdusk2zq7.jpg

Bruiser in the brush, not interested in a portrait shot!

buckinthebrush2eo7.jpg

Locating Green in December!

silkyminifalls2mn3.jpg

greenminifallparadise2ay8.jpg

and more water...

willowriverfallsleftsidjl0.jpg

willowriverrapids2pz6.jpg

willowrvrwaterfallsks6.jpg

It was a good hike. wink.gif

Quote:

Time to get broadband.

i would love to,but we have 4 pc's and 2 laptops. all about a year old. we live in a rural area that broadband is not available. mad.gif if the photos are sized and cropped properly,they download fine. Steve's pics. of the wolf manureing downloaded very quickly.

Photoshop CS and CS2 have a feature called "save for Web" from the pull-down menu that automatically saves them as jpegs at 72dpi and strips all the administrative data like exif from them, so they are as streamlined as humanly possible. That and I don't make them really wide. I generally post them 600 to 700 pixel wide for a horizontal and 400 to 450 wide for a vertical. Much bigger than that and they'll bleed over the edges of some users' computer screens, and if you force some users to scroll around to get a look at a picture you've missed the whole point of posting a picture.

Mariner, I'm really just surprised that after your initial post complaining that it took you seven days and seven nights to download that you'd actually put yourself through that misery again?! maybe santa will drop off some cheese in Iowa to go with that Whine. smirk.gif

Quote:

Mariner, I'm really just surprised that after your initial post complaining that it took you seven days and seven nights to download that you'd actually put yourself through that misery again?! maybe santa will drop off some cheese in Iowa to go with that Whine.
smirk.gif

what misery? i had posted and gone before 1/4" of the 1st pic. showed. alot of the folks on here have top quality equipment and could post huge pics. to show the image quality and thats cool. i myself tend to favor shots that are uncommon and well composed to show ability of the person not the equipment. from what i have seen,perseverence,and sometimes luck capture the most compelling images,and it wouldn't matter if an image like that was 640x480 or 3 feet square. if it's a good capture,the size doesn't matter that much. do you feel different if you see a "small" photo of the flag being raised at Iwo Jima??

I post everything 800 x 540ish unless it's portrait, not landscape... I haven't really considered the length aspect as most of the pics I post are in landscape mode. It's probably a good thing that more and more people are able to get high speed, I couldn't take the down time waiting for whatever I'm waiting for to come up on my computer... so in that sense I do feel for you. Have a Merry X-mas.