• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

List Your Camera Configurations

Here is what I am currently shooting with.

1 - Nikon D80

1- SB-800 Speed Flash

1- 18-135mm Nikor Lens

2 - SanDisk 2gig Extreme III SD memory

Sanyo Enelop Rechargeables for the flash

2 Extra Nikon Lithium Ion Battery (EN-EL3e)

Canon 20D

Canon optional battery grip

Canon Elan IIe (film)

Canon 100-400L image stabilizer

Canon 17-40L

Tamron 70-300mm macro

Kenko extension tubes

Canon 380EX speedlite

Kingston 4Gb lifetime warranty 100x CF card, three Lexar Professional 80x cards (one 2 Gb and two 1 Gb)

various filters, monopods, tripods, spare rechargeable batteries, other gear

Nikon D200 ~ Body camera0nv.gif

Nikkor 80-400mm AF VR 4.5-5.6 ED Glass

Nikon 70-210mm 4-5.6 D Glass

Nikon 18- 70mm 3.5-4.5 ED Glass

Tamron 1.4x Teleconverter

Polarizer, Neutral density & Haze filter.

Gitzo 1325 CF Tripod

RRS(Really right stuff) BH 55 Ballhead and BD200 "L" bracket

Wimberly sidekick

SB 800 speedlight

Better Beamer

SanDisk Extreme III 2 Gb CF card

SanDisk Extreme III 8 Gb CF card

Pelican case

Currently PP with Elements 4.0, soon to be CS2.

squirrelcameraxs2.jpg

Canon 20D

Canon 70-200/2.8 L Non IS

Canon 85/1.8

Canon 50/1.8

Canon 18-55

Tamron SP 24-135/3.5 - 5.6 (will be selling and replacing with Canon 24-70/2.8 L)

Canon 1.4 TC II

In about a week,

Canon 300/2.8 L IS

BG-E2 Extra Battery Grip

1 Canon Battery and 6 Sterling Tek Batteries

4 - SanDisk Extreme II 2Gig

2 - SanDisk Extreme III 1Gig

Manfrotto 3245 Monopod with 3229 head

Cheap tripod, 3 Portable hard drives, and various filters, etc.

LowePro backpack to carry it all along with laptop.

Kodak 110 instamatic w/rotating cube flash. cube flash has polished worm gear from Zebco 202 for faster/smoother rotation. shutter release has been honed to a hair trigger. also equipped with Tasco 8x monocular [tape mount] for when i need to zoom in on distant subjects [if the curtains are open] grin.gif

oops! oh yeah, Canon 20d 75-300,18-55,50mm,and 100-400L IS>on the way from canoga.[when the credit card bill comes,i'm a dead man]

So Buzzsaw do you have an enclosure or something for your camera for when you go duck hunting? Or do you just stay a lot dryer when you duck hunt than I do? I'm too chicken to take my little digital camera on the water when I go duck hunting- can't imagine taking a setup like that!

Well, when duck hunting your usually hidden in the cattails or behind a blind and I only bring my camera and big and small lens along... I leave the other gadgets like the tripod behind... the 80-400mm has VR so I handhold the camera on all of the shots. Now, all of the duck pictures you've seen me post have not been from hunting, a good amount have been at locations where they are much more tolerant of humans being around.

Canon 30d

Tamron 28-75 Di, Macro

Canon 100-400L IS (on a check-out basis)

Kenko Tube set (stolen by my boss today along with the above lens)

Manfrotto 3422 monopod w/bracket and mini ballhead (on backorder)

cheep tripod

set of filters by Digital Vision: polarizer, UV, flourescent

ADIDT M1 remote shutter release

Davis and Standford minipod3

pq1 Hi-Speed 40 1 GB compact flash card

portable flash card reader

HP Pavillion 1100(?) w/ built in readers

extra 1800mAh battery from Sterling Tech (thanks Steve)

And, old Minolta 35mm stuff

Man, we are gear heads!

Buzz, since the $7,000 600mm is firmly out of my reach (and probably always will be unless fame, fortune, a rich uncle's will or the Powerball strike), another $1,000 for tripod and Wimberly head don't even matter! grin.gif

Tried to borrow the 600mm from CPS for the week between Christmas and New Year, and they said all their long glass and all digital bodies were reserved through the college football bowl games and super bowl. Darn sports shooters! Can't a poor nature shooter even get a foot in the door? mad.gif

I'm planning a wolf shoot in March, and you can bet your booty I'll have my reservation for the 1Ds MarkII and 600mm with both TCs into CPS within the next few days.

Swimmer, what health club membership is that? smirk.gif

Quote:

Buzz, since the $7,000 600mm is firmly out of my reach (and probably always will be unless fame, fortune, a rich uncle's will or the Powerball strike), another $1,000 for tripod and Wimberly head don't even matter!
grin.gif

Tried to borrow the 600mm from CPS for the week between Christmas and New Year, and they said all their long glass and all digital bodies were reserved through the college football bowl games and super bowl. Darn sports shooters! Can't a poor nature shooter even get a foot in the door?
mad.gif

I'm planning a wolf shoot in March, and you can bet your booty I'll have my reservation for the 1Ds MarkII and 600mm with both TCs into CPS within the next few days.

Swimmer, what health club membership is that?
smirk.gif

Did you hear that FM'ers?! Steve is hosting a Wolf shoot this Spring. You might want to consider booking an outing with the "Man" (see avatar...or not see avatar). I will hazard a bet that you would learn, and document, Canus Lupus (sorry Dr. Maturin for the spelling) in a most compelling way. Thanks Steve. laugh.gif

If you want to photograph Wolves, I might tell you that the MN Wildlife Connection and their captive animals could be a serious choice for you, besides Wolves there are Bobcats, porcupines, Cougars & Bears (minus one) frown.gif and numerous other species at a very reasonable price. The good thing is how close you get to these animals and without waiting for a long period of time over a dead animal as bait.

Another thing you photographers may want to start looking into for your PP needs is Adobe Lightroom , a totally new product for photographers designed to streamline their photo editing workflow.

Yep, buzzy, they're a good source. Reasonable price is a matter of interpretation. I can't afford their prices, and they're captive animals. Ninety percent of the big predators, bears excepted, that appear in magazines and calendars are captive animals shot in a natural environment. Photo editors are looking more and more for images of wild, free-ranging predators, like the ones I got last winter of wolves near Ely.

So far, of course, no one has been knocking down my door for those images, but I'll keep building a library of wild wolves and, in time, good things may happen. grin.gif

I thought I would get this post back on track wink.gif

Canon 30D

Canon 17-85 4-5.6 IS USM

Canon 100-400L 4-5.6 IS

Canon 1.4 TC

Canon Speedlite 580 EX

Canon Ext.Tube EF25 II

Lowepro Toploader 75 AW

Crumpler 7 Million

Sandisk Ultra II 4 Gig

Dynatran AT-6703 Tripod/Monopod

If I buy 1 more thing I will have to find a different wife grin.gif

Quote:

Tried to borrow the 600mm from CPS for the week between Christmas and New Year, and they said all their long glass and all digital bodies were reserved through the college football bowl games and super bowl. Darn sports shooters! Can't a poor nature shooter even get a foot in the door?
mad.gif

I bet you were waiting for a smart aleck remark from me. grin.gif You got to follow the money and we know who buys all that big expensive glass that SI wants in their publication wink.gif Plus when was the last time you saw CPS set up shop at a nature shoot? You know I'm kidding ya' Steve, to bad you couldn't grab a lens.