• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We still fish!

My friend Brian was fishing in 15 feet of water with a large shinner four feet off of the bottom when this 41.5 inch ` 19 3/4 inch girth Northern Pike decided to feed! He released the pig to be caught another day.

brianssideshotofpigpikevi1.jpg

brianspigpike2uc7.jpg

Yes, that's my problem. The 39.5-inch fatty I caught on Birch went right back in the water because it was -10 and blowing and I did not want her eyes to freeze while I was setting up the tripod and camera. And if you set them up in advance, it's like jinxing the whole outing.

But I digress.

Great fat piggy, Buzz. Congrats to your buddy, especially on the release. Glad to see he got her in a fairly horizontal hold quickly, as that stresses the fish less than all that weight bearing down on a vertical hold. The images, as I'd expect, are nicely composed. Good work.

Quote:

Yes, that's my problem. The 39.5-inch fatty I caught on Birch went right back in the water because it was -10 and blowing and I did not want her eyes to freeze while I was setting up the tripod and camera

OUCH!! I feel for you in that situation!

Just think back in the day, some old timer would have probably gaffed this brute!

Thanks guys, Boilerguy... Brian & I never did make it back for another southern Minnesota Pheasant hunt, we need to hook up again, it was a good time and our friends thought it was neat that your wife wrote up the newspaper article on the day. wink.gif Besides, we owe you lunch this time around. How is the Ice fishing down there?

A Good german wheat beer is as good as it can get and if there is still a little yeast on the bottom all the better-Except for your waist line grin.gif Spent 3 years in Germany and tried to drink them dry but when they have 3 brewerys in the town of 100 thousand pretty tough to do tongue.gif