• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone going out this weekend

I just think I might have to venture out on to some of the local bodies of water this weekend. I have walleyes on the brain. I have some work to do on sat around the house but then I think I will be heading out Jamestown for the afternoon and evening. I might make an attempt to Ashtabula on Sun. We will see.

Jason,

Im heading over around Detroit Lakes this weekend. I was out yesterday with a friend and we caught over 125 blue gills!. Do you ever get to MN fishing? I want to try Ashtabula ice fishing sometime. Would be fun to meet up sometime.

IFF, are you going to the stem or to the resevoir? I want to give the res a try this year. I have fished the stem and did OK, but there were far too many people out there for my liking. If you get out, be sure to let us know how you do.

I think I am going to venture over the the Res. tomorrow afternoon. I have been itching to get out there. I have a little project I want to take care of tomorrow morning but then I think I will load the wheeler up and head out there and check ice to see if it is ready for the wheeler or if I will have for hoof out. I have never fished the pipe I have always had good luck on the res need to venture over there some day and give it a crack. I have my new map chip and they are ready to go to work on unchartered water for me.

We fished in Jamestown yesterday. We set up on the reservoir and between the 2 of us we caught around 30 'eyes. Most were between 12 & 14". The minimum is only 14" so be careful what you keep. The Warden was out and I asked about crappies and he said he had not seen any caught. We got there around 8 a.m and left around 5 p.m. I used an aqua-vu and the clarity was really good. It was my first time out this year and it sure felt good. There was about 11" of ice. Ice cleats were almost mandatory. There was 1 guy who had to chase his portable quite aways as the wind really gave it a good ride. People were driving on the lake, but you only need to be 50' from shore. I will be going again either tom. or Wed if anybody wants to go.

Quote:

We fished in Jamestown yesterday. We set up on the reservoir and between the 2 of us we caught around 30 'eyes. Most were between 12 & 14". The minimum is only 14" so be careful what you keep. The Warden was out and I asked about crappies and he said he had not seen any caught. We got there around 8 a.m and left around 5 p.m. I used an aqua-vu and the clarity was really good. It was my first time out this year and it sure felt good. There was about 11" of ice. Ice cleats were almost mandatory. There was 1 guy who had to chase his portable quite aways as the wind really gave it a good ride. People were driving on the lake, but you only need to be 50' from shore. I will be going again either tom. or Wed if anybody wants to go.

I will be out of town this week but otherwise would take you up on that offer. I love the res. I usually catch most of my fish around the 6pm time. But it seems like the lake is different every year. What part of the res were you on? I almost always fish out of smokies at early ice but I know that near to the dam and island can be darn good this time of year too. Maybe we could met up this weekend and fish. Pop me a email if interest.