• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

blaze camo bowhunting

Kodiak

does anyone here use blaze camo while bowhunting? can the deer see you any better with the blaze camo? i am sure they can but i am wondering because i just took up bowhunting and dont have any cold weather woodlands camo. I only have my waterfowl stuff and firearm cold weather gear.

jason

I watched a guy on a neighboring property not more than a hundred yards away put on a stalk with his bow through the woods. He wearing all camo except for an orange ski mask. I had some fun with him though by blowing on my buck grunt call several times.

To Dahitman's point, I also wear an orange hat, neck gaiter, vest, and gloves while in my blind with orange duck tape strips. You can never be too careful per the story below...

FBI investigating shooting of hunter near Detroit Lakes

FBI investigating shooting of hunter near Detroit Lakes

The FBI was investigating today the wounding of a bow hunter who was shot in the Tamarac Wildlife Refuge near Detroit Lakes.

Associated Press

DETROIT LAKES, Minn. — The FBI was investigating today the wounding of a bow hunter who was shot in the Tamarac Wildlife Refuge near Detroit Lakes.

The 45-year-old Callaway man was shot in his left arm Nov. 3.

The victim told investigators that one of two people armed with rifles pointed a gun and shot him as he moved out his blind.

The hunter eventually made it to a trail, where he was found by his son.

FBI special agent Paul McCabe said the victim was dressed in camouflage, but was inside a blind marked with a blaze orange flag.

———

It is scarry that we have to share the woods with hunt... I mean idiots like that! mad.gif

On the topic, I wear a blaze camo vest, hat, and neck gator. I try to position my stand up high and with mucho cover around me usually from a pine tree or something like that. It will help hide you from the deer and most importantly hide your movement of the draw.

Good luck

OK, along the lines of the blaze orange question. When do you guys wear white camo? Do you wear it in the tree stands or only when hunting from the ground? I'm trying to decide if I need two sets of winter gear - snow and Mossy Oak Break up. Does Hardwoods Gray work better in the winter than Mossy Oak Break up?

Meat-run:

I used to feel the same way. What I tend to do now for most clothing though, is to buy it just a little big, then use a layering approach with many of the hi-tech wicking underwear that's out there now. I stay warmer than I used to, and I can use the camo for more multipurpose situations, such as spring turkey hunting, etc.

I was first turned onto the stuff by the boys at Double-Bull, and have loved it ever since.

Joel