• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Please Welcome The-Oilman.com - AMSOIL Dealer

Please Welcome the-oilman.com as our newest FishingMinnesota sponsor!

Don is a great guy with incredible knowledge in regard to all AMSOIL lubricants. Please visit the following HSOforum for all of your AMSOIL needs:

http://www.the-oilman.com/fishingminnesota/

Ordering is quick and easy, so give it a try for all your vehicles; ATV, snowmobile, car/truck, etc!!!

Joel

Greetings,

To introduce myself, I am Don Dawson, 'the-oilman', your AMSOIL Dealer. Recently I was contacted by Joel about becoming a sponsor - and I have decided I don't want to be just a sponsor, but I want to be your partner. Through the internet it really doesn't matter where I am to be able to help with many of your questions in the areas of Lubricantion and other mechanical problems. I have over 25 years experience as an AMSOIL Dealer.

I will probably never start a thread, but plan on many times adding replies to any where I feel I can truly provide help.

No, I am not in Minnesota to make local sales, but this is the internet, and AMSOIL ships from the closest regional distribution center direct to you - either Superior, WI or Chicago, IL. When you purchase online, please go through my site - that way I get credit for it, and of course if I don't make a profit I can't stay long term as your lubricant sponsor.

AMSOIL does have a Preferred Customer, Wholesale buying plan available to all. Information on that is available in my site, or give me a phone call (please don't call after 8:00pm Central).

In the regular forums I will stick solely to topic, and not put in ads like this, but I felt it necessary in this introduction.

Don Dawson, Your AMSOIL Dealer

http://www.the-oilman.com/fishingminnesota

[email protected]

1-800-662-0532

Welcome Don- I look forward to reading your advice. I have always been a little scared to make the jump to synthetic oil in my 2 stroke engines. I plan on making the jump this year... Do I need to do anything special to my auger to get it ready? Should I run it a little thicker IE 50-1 for the first few tanks?

Thanks again!

Welcome Don.

I have been using Amsoil for about 5 years now. I run it in my 115 Yamaha 4 stroke, Nilsmaster Auger, all my mowers, snowblower and weed eater and leafblower. Im a very satisfied customer and a prefered customer as well. I live in Superior and lucky enough to be able to buy direct from the shop.

I hope you enjoy your time with Fm and Im very glad to see you here.

Welcome Oil-Man,I LOVE AMSOIL, I use it in all of my small engines from, my lawnmower to my outboard and ice auger. Since I switched over those motors have never ran so great! I think Amsoil is a great and they are a company that stands behind there product.

Welcome to the to FM!

I started using Amsoil saber in my smaller 2 cycle engines this past year. Although I'm a bit too cautious to run it at the 100:1 mix ratio it does run very clean at the 85:1 that I've been using it at.

Very good stuff.

Hi Deitz,

Only in rare cases is there any problem changing to AMSOIL's 2-cycle lubes. If a very cheap oil has been used there may be excessive carbon build up on the head and in the exhaust port. If there is excess carbon, the AMSOIL will clean the carbon and it may break out in chunks which can catch in the exhaust port and score the piston and cylinder. If you have had minimal or no spark-plug carbon fouling this is NOT a worry.

Which product? AMSOIL has 5 different 2-cycle lubes, but for the air-cooled pre-mix engines, the Saber Professional is the one you should use. It can be mixed as lean as 100-1, but many people are afraid to start that lean. I recommend a starting point of 80-1. Even at the richer 50-1 ratio, it is smokeless in almost all machines.

The Saber Professional comes in 4 package sizes:

a pillow pack that mixes 1 gallon (at 100-1) product code ATP-PK

a 3.5 oz bottle that mixes 2 to 2 1/2 gallons (2 at 80-1) product code ATP-BA

an 8 oz bottle that mixes 5 gallons (at 80-1) ATP-BC

a quart that mixes 20 gallons (at 80-1) ATP-QT

To order direct on line use this complete address

http://www.oil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=52257&page=storefront/atp (if this doesn't come through as a link, copy and paste it to your browser).

Or, to order by phone 1-800-956-5695 7am-5pm Central, please use referral #52257

AMSOIL ships direct from the closest regional distribution center either Superior, WI or Chicago, IL.

Welcome aboard oilman.com!

I'm probably many others, including Dietz, just afraid of running Amsoil in my engines (boat and auger) because I just don't know much about synthetic oil. After reading above, I'm not as hesitant anymore.

I see the options the Saber comes in and will have to try it in my Strikemaster Lazer this winter.

25 years in the business- I'll be listening! cool.gif

BRK I wouldnt hesitate to run it in your auger. I have ran it in my old jiffy and now my Nilsmaster and it hasnt let me down in either or anything else I run it in. Im really impressed with the 4 stroke oil for my Yamaha 115 4 stroke. Great cold starts. I also use it in my lower unit and when I drain my lower unit its almost like the day I put it in.

Oilguy how often should I change out my lower unit lube? As of now I do it twice a summer and that seems to be working fine.

Hi Northlander,

For your outboard lower unit, changing the gear lube once a year should be adequate - assuming everything is tight. Of course if you wrap a line up in the prop, your should inspect the seal, probably replace the seal and change the lube after this happens.

The most extreme to change, Terry Rinker, AMSOIL sponsored Champ Boat Racer - he won all 7 races this year - his team changes the lower unit oil every time the boat is put in the water.