• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Postcard from Lake Minnetonka

Nice shots Buzz! Those green herons tend to be pretty skittish. I've had a few up here that I've been trying to photograph and there tough little critters to sneak up on. Great work.

Quote:

either you bought new glass, or you crazy glued that 100-400 somewhere around F8 or F9.

Good job.

LMAO!! That was funny! Yes, I'm pretty much F8 - F11 on most subjects. I appreciate the compliments guys, but I still REALLY want to hear "constructive criticism" at the same time.... All of us can continue to improve and with CC we can continue to shorten that learning curve. That offer for Lake Minnetonka on my boat still goes guys, I'll be going out again next Saturday or Sunday depending on weather... I fish and take pics and have more than enough fishing equipment to outfit a few guys. Those young Woodies keep growing and I want get gradual growth pics of them... they live on Seton/Emerald lakes on Tonka in that slim channel area and Grandpa's bay is chock full of woodies on those lily pads. Priests bay has alot of GBH's and the Green's are not too afraid of approaching boats, just go slow. Almost forgot, the Swallows are by every bridge on the lake, just look for deadwood in the area near these bridges and waa laaa! wink.gif

Quote:

but I still REALLY want to hear "constructive criticism" at the same time.... All of us can continue to improve and with CC we can continue to shorten that learning curve. That offer for Lake Minnetonka on my boat still goes guys, I'll be going out again next Saturday or Sunday depending on weather...

Ok....some CC but it is going to cost you a guided trip grin.gif

The 3rd one down is great but would try some different crops....rule of thirds.

Number 5 is maybe the best one but again I would try a different crop. The duck on the right looking the other way could be cut out and a bit more area to the left in the directin they are looking could be added if possible.

It's hard to find fault with the last one but if the duck's reflection is there or at least a bit more of the lily pad to show that it is not there might help.

Basically a little work on the crops and that is hard to critique as I do not know what was there to work with.

Thanks Hobby! #3 would be tough as a log was so close, but #5 can definitely be opened up on the left hand side. You make a good point on the last one, but there is a lilypad blocking the reflection and if make the picture bigger as a whole, it will make the duck smaller. Keep that CC coming seriously guys! Your all helping me improve and I hope I can do the same in return. So Hobby, we'll talk later in the week and see what the weather looks like and hit the water... I've got room for one more person...

Another beautiful evening, albeit a bit steamy out on Tonka... took a half day so I could hit that great mid afternoon bite tongue.gif and ended up spending more time taking pictures and hanging out at Fletchers sweating on the outdoor patio area. I know, I know... TMI!

tonkawoodieposing2vh7.jpg

woodiewatchingover2dn6.jpg

woodiegivingorders2ty9.jpg

There are alot of woodies out there right now, the only problem is that alot of them are way back in the lilypads and it's very difficult to get close to them in a quiet manner... the cutting blade on the trolling motor helps, but not nearly enough.