• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone shooting the Bowtech Tribute?

jlm

I spent a little time shooting this bow and am very impressed. I am torn between this and a Switchback. Anyone out there who has some experience with this bow? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Personally, I like the Tribute better than the Switchback. I know plenty of guys who feel the opposite way, but I also know a bunch of guys who love the Tribute (and Bowtechs in general). At our bow club, the running joke is that they call it a "Switchback", because once you shoot it, you'll wnat to "switch back" to the bow you used to shoot. I shot both of these bows and liked the feel of them, but I liked the feel of the Hoyt Protech better. My suggestion would be to shoot both of them and pick the one that you like the best. Either way, you'll be happy with the selection.

I agree, shoot them both and make the choice. I own the XT, and although I probably don’t have Scoot's archery experience with other brands of bows....I still think the XT is right up there at the top. Although he is a Hoyt owner, I respect his opinion. grin.gif

Now, to throw some of my own propaganda into the mix. There is an interesting article that can be found at bowsitedotcom. It consists of a head to head test of some the best bows on the market. They are tested regarding noise, feel, balance, grip, kick, vibration, draw cycle and speed. There are some interesting results.

1. Matthews XT 233

2. Bowtech Tribute 182

3. Fred Bear Instinct 173

4. Ross CR 334 157

5. PSE MachX 160

6. Hoyt Trykon 149

7. Parker Frontier 130

8. Pearson Stealth 124

9. HCA Sidewinder

Good luck in your search.

Cliffy

Cliffy,

I don't understand what the numbers you posted mean or how they were calculated. Can you explain?

It's clear that the XT got rated the highest when factoring in all of the variables you mentioned. One thing to be very cautious of- I don't know of a single industry where there's so much biased and paid off info as there is in archery. I don't know if that applies to the info you pulled up from that HSOforum or not, but about 95+ percent of the time, you can't believe what you read about this sort of thing. It's all paid off and basically completely crooked. Basically, you end up with Mathews (or Bowtech, Hoyt, PSE, etc., etc.) reps saying that this bow is the best. The field testing that websites and magazines do is notorious for this.

All this being said, Cliffy, I was mostly giving you (and other Mathews users) dump. You're shooting a dang nice bow and I'm glad you're happy with it. I'm also happy with mine and I'm glad for that too!

The numbers are the overall scores given to each bow. Yes, I understand what you are saying...that is why I used the word “propaganda” in my response. I would never argue that one bow is better then another because I have not shot all makes/models of bows...and I agree it’s a matter of choice of what feels best for the shooter.

Anyways, its an interesting article...worth whatever weight you want to give to it. There are a list of the sites sponsors on the first page...so you can take that into consideration....and neither Hoyt or Matthews are listed.

I know you were “mostly” giving us Matthew’s owners dump. I have found that sort of behavior a certainty in archery. You give me dump, I give you dump...etc. All clean fun...and that is how I took it. Take care.

Cliffy

I too shot both and was very impressed with the tribute. Pesronally I thougth the Mathews just fit me a little better. I dont think you would go wrong buying either bow. Go with you gut instinct and buy the one that feels best to you.

I shoot both the tribute and the xt every day. I can't really say one is better than the other. I can say that they are both exceptional bows! Either one you choose is going to be a winner. Go test shoot both bows and decide for yourself. Have fun. laugh.gif

I have the Tribute in the Max 4 camo. It is a great bow, I love shooting it. It makes me a much better shooter than I really am. You can't go wrong with either bow, I just liked the Tribute better.