• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best bow

Joe

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

hey guys i am looking to buy a new bow and wondering what kind to buy. I want to shoot deer and bear at 40 yards and not miss. also what kind of arrows should I buy.

You will get a million responses on different models.I would go to a few pro shops and have them find a bow that fits yourself and your needs.Then shoot it at thier shop and see how it feels and fits.

I shoot a Mathews as well as all the others that hunt with me.But,there are many good ones out there.

Most any compound today will do the job you need it to.

Hey joe- great to see you posting!!!!

I'll be the first to tell you, its not the bow that hits the deer and the bear.. its the person!.. any good bow and plenty of practice will get the job done.

40 yards however, is not a reasonable expectation! Too much can happen at 40 yards!.. I can hit the bottom of a pop can at 40 yards on a target 8-10 times I bet, but would not think of shooting at a bear or deer at that distance.

I suggest you go into a proshop and see what bow feels best to you. Stick with the top companies.. Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, PSE, Martin and I think you will be more than happy.

I myself own 5 hoyts and am very happy. But do not feel they are for everybody. Its all about what fits you.

Man you guys got it! After you have followed all this fine advice. Practice some more. wink.gif Kinda like throwing a floating Rapala for bass. Throw it out and let it sit there. Then when you are ready to real it in, let it sit there a bit more! grin.gif

I didn't do much target shooting this winter, but I will be getting out my hunting bow and flinging a few arrows a weekend to start building my back muscles. That way when I get in full practice mode I will be ready!

Archery is an awesome sport!

Archery is a great sport. If you don't have a lot of money to spend, I love my Martin bow. It is very smooth and confortable to hold. I can put that thing away for 6-months, take it back out and group well. But that might not be the bow, could be shooting since I was 5, who knows. But I love the bow either way.