• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'07 sleds

benelli_dude2002

I was out riding around Baudette last weekend and I met a group of sledders all dressed the same and noticed their sleds were unmarked ( no decals ) but I seen that they were the testers on new Arctic Cats . I was hoping they were going to stop so I could take a better look plus I had my camera along but they kept on. They did give me a "thumbs up " though, probably cuz I was on a Cat too. Guess have to wait and see when they release the '07's next month. I know they always test out of Warroad about every year. Looking forward to a week off and do some riding at the end of the month. Happy sledding! Brian

Those Yamaha Phazers are ugly! shocked.gif I wouldn't want to ride that without some sort of windshield...and when it has one, they look worse. lol

I've seen some pics of the new Z1...not thrilled about that look either.

Sad to say, but Ski-Doo's design looks better than the rest of the "new" designs. crazy.gif

Curious to see what the AC Firecats look like.

Wonder if the new Doo's will get a facelift or something. Right now they pretty much look the same with just different graphics. Maybe they dont need to change. Nothing against Skidoo. I like the way they ride but I switched back to a Cat. Cool pictures though! Happy Trails!

Quote:

When I get my new Yamaha, I'll take a picture of the back of it so all you Yamaha basher know what seld to follow.
grin.gif

Hey Scummy, take a picture of it with the hood up and you bent over working on it so we know who to stop and tow in too!!!! grin.giflaugh.gifgrin.gif

Thanks for the info, I couldn't see that on the pictures that where posted. It looks like Yamaha is trying to shed weight with that design. It looks good for a short trip around the race track, but with that design I think the average rider in MN would get pretty cold going on longer rides like most of us do.

I just read a blurp about that yamaha in a snowmobile magazine this weekend. They classified it as an "Entry Level" sled. It only has an 80 hp 4 stroke motor if I remember right.

They should have at least put a decent looking side panel over the clutch. Looks like they took the front tires right off a 4 wheeler and added skis instead.

Can you say UG A Lee?

The more I get the chance to occassionally hop on a Ski Doo rev chassis, the more I really like them. I wasn't sure about the way it felt at first but over time, at least for me, I was sold. Had a chance to drive a new Renegade with the longer track. The smooth power of the injected 600 was great, the handling was great and it was extremely smooth on the trail.

ccarlson

ya know it's funny, you say they were unmarked sleds out on the LOW. Unmarked huh is that because they can't figure out if there going to run for 07. but yamaha takes their sled up to long lake in brainerd and proudly runs them with the decals on. THE NEW PHAZER HAS BETTER WIND PROTECTION THAN THE VECTOR AND THE RX-1. Not the mention Jimmy blaze did his back flips out a Hay days with a YAMAHA VECTOR! All you guy bangin on the the new Phazers are just plain jelous. Because yamaha consistantly makes a sled that stays together. Ski-doo make a good new chassis but can't build a motor to save it's life. why do you think they start with BOMB!! Cat relies on susuki and kow pie to build their motors cause they can't figure out how to build them. Polaris still relies on FUGI, although they have bought most the patents. But yamaha builds they're own. Lets not forget they have been using high performance four strokes since 03, Bomb gave up in 02, Cat has to put a turbo on theirs just to get the horses up, oh yeah an RS Venture smokes it. Polaris's new 750 is only 80hp to. Oh yamahas new 500 is 80hp gee I would say every manufacturer is lacking in technology. Except Yamaha. See you out on trails when a pass you with my new Phazer mountain. By the way they do through snow balls so watch out. cool.gif

Sledhead, I applaud you.. Well said. Yamaha is leading the way for every one else, can they catch up? confused.gif

I was looking at the yamaha web site and they have come out with a clutch-less FJR1300 street bike. WOW, what's next?

I wasnt one to bang on the new yamahas so you can leave me out. I remember my dad had a Phazer ( not sure what year it was though ) he had it for a couple years and I remember the sled got pretty good gas mileage. He has switched brands since then but he runs Yamaha outboards. He has three 40 hp 4-strokes. I am not here to bash other brands or start anything but I think sleds are just like anything else when it comes to what a guy chooses. By the way didnt that guy who ran the 170 mph at the BIR run a turbo on his sled to bump up the ponies on his Yamaha. For any sled thats hauling the mail in a 1/4 mile. But thats another topic. Thats all I have to say about that.

I applaud Yamaha for its innovative and groundbreaking engineering. Their market share is growing quickly. I always leaned CAT but, Yamaha has showed the industry some pretty amazing things the past few years.

That Phazer will be a ditch bangers dream!! Lightweight for field approach launching, the twisties, and plenty of power for ditch riding.

As far as looks, I am partial to paying for performance and function.

The phazer reflects the direction of the market, snocross inspired, lighter weight, and rider forward. This is what the "kids" want. The trend seems to be how far can I get off the ground and less about how fast I can go. Fast has already been done, especially during the 90's, when tripple/tripple was the rage and the VMAX 800, 4 banger.

I am not bashing the new Yamahas, but I will say it how I see it... That looks like a very cold ride to me. If you happen to hook up one of those new Phazers next winter as they are set up on the Yamaha HSOforum with no windshield and no hand protection and want to go on a 150 mile ride when it is -5 degrees out, feel free to give me a call or a PM. I enjoy riding as much as anyone and always welcome anyone that wants to ride along. Hope see on the trails next year and maybe you will let me ride your new Phazer for a couple of miles... Maybe I will even upgade my old Exciter after I ride one of those new Phazers?

Like I said, would sure like to see them get back into SnoCross.

All of Cat's, Polaris's, & Ski-Doo's new "rider forward" style sleds are products of their race program.

Win on Sunday, sell on Monday... grin.gif