• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trade rumor

IceHawk

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hind sight is 20/20. I hated Cassel, any professioal athlete the will intentionally not pass to another player for personal reasons is a chump and should be run from the league. I don't care if you like your team mates but you are payed millions of dollars and you darn well better act like a professional when on the court. He acted like a 3rd grader on the play ground.

They would have still had to pay Cassel this year if they didn't trade him. Its not like the NFL where you can just end a contract. You either trade a guy or pay him until the contract expires. Not a fan of paying a guy to sit out for a year so trading was the only other option.

I guess what I'm trying to say was that if the team is planning on re-building in the near future, giving up a first round draft pick for a player like jaric isn't thw way to do it. Jaric shows promise at times, but Cassel had an great season with the Clippers plus they will most likely get our first round pick. It just doesn't seem like the trade helped us in the meantime and it's not going to help us out in the future either. I guess it was a lose/lose situation to begin with, but I think we could have gone a route without giving up the pick. I guess by now I'm used to having not a whole lot to look forward to on draft day. confused.gif

I am interested in seeing what Cassel does next year. His history in the league shows that when he starts on a new team he plays lights out for the first year and then really falls off the second year. He has done it one several other teams. He plays hard to prove himself the first year but then he gets lazy.

between AI and KG there would be alot of emotion on the court for the T-pups. It would be awesome if it happened but I wouldn't bet to much on it.............but I will still cross my fingers!!!

i have a feeling it would also involve giving up a draft pick or a younger player such as mccants. if the sixers drop AI and webber it would be back to re-building mode and jaric and davis probally wouldn't do it for them. i would love to see it however, I have a feeling it will be a very active off-season for the brush puppies.

If I have to watch Jaric 1 more game...it is to much. That is one of theworst trades EVER! What a bust! I hope thay trade that guy so bad....Can't stand to watch his awfull play.

Cret mad.gif