• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pheasant Pics.

Was out Saturday in the snow---Beautiful day, heavy snow, warm, and no wind. Got in the field at 3:15 and we had 4 birds by 3:35. Kickedup 5 more roosters on the way out of the field....Can't ask for much more!

th_Birdsonsign.jpg

My son (almost 7) walked with us for a quick hunt this fall on a really cold windy day. Thankfully we got a couple birds quick before he froze. He is wishing he could skip 7,8, 9, 10 and 11 and simply turn 12 on his next birthday so he can hunt.

DSC00896.jpg

great pictures everyone

just a note jacobj12k, your son should be able to hunt small game at any age, I shot my first pheasant at the age of 11 and hunted them when I was 10, it's up to you to decide when he is ready to use a gun, having him carry an empty one for a year just to practice gun safty is a good idea.

Not sure you hunt with a dog or not, when i was growing up we didn't have a dog and my dad started me out with a bb gun. It was fun i would pull up and shoot at rabbits and squirels and even a bird or 2. I'm sure I never hit anything but a nice way to start your kids out.

Last Thursday, two on the right were down from Alaska for a late season pheasant hunt...great day with 7 birds, 1 lost under the ice and 4 rabbits. Can't believe the numbers of rabbits---anyone else seeing unusual numbers of bunnies? Can't wait for a late season rabbit hunt!!! 4 days left to chase the roosters! Hopefully have a couple more pics to post....

IMG_8125.jpg