• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Woulda been a state record!

Caught this fish 1 day before bass opener. Fish was 23.5 inches long and had a girth of 21 inches. No scale with me but by my estimate and measurements probably would have been slightly over 10 pounds.

Anyone else ever thought about keeping a fish alive in their apartment bathtub? Anyway caught, photoed, and released. What a fish though!!

bigbass8rr.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stellar, is it just me or am I seeing something. That has to be photoshopped. The size of your hand holding the fish gives it away. I would say before adjustments, it may have been a 4 lb'er or so, but it is shopped. A buddy of mine did that for me once and it turned out really good. Sorry to call the bluff, or tell me if I am wrong.

Tom

Way wrong there Polarsusd81, here is the only other pic that i have of it. It was taken on my camera phone but it is still a real picture, no joking here. Just look at the way my right hand has to hold the belly of that beast. Believe it or not!!

bigbass2229gw.jpg

what a monster. Awesome fish. I wouldn't have believe that could be produced in minnesota. I'm from rochester and can't imagine we would produce a fish that size.

Probally not photo shopped, but he is deffinatly long arming that bass, anyone who has been on this sight since last fall will remeber the "Near Record Walleye" post, It was a guy claiming he had caught a 16 lb plus walleye, looked huge in the picture, but so did his fingers.......

Forgot to say-- Dang nice fish no matter what the picture looks like.

I am not trying to deny that it is a hog, but I am thinking not 10 lbs. The other pic helps out quite a bit, but it doesn't seem that big. I have a couple pics I will have to scan of some 8's that I have caught, and no, they didn't come from Minnesota. It is deffinately a big fish though and I do congadulate you on the catch.

Why does everyone seem to like holding the fish as close to the camera as possible? If you want a close up have the guy taking the pic move closer or zoom in, if you hold the fish so far away from your body dont expect people to believe it is huge unless it totally eclipses you in the pic.Definitly a nice fish but I would also have to say I cant see 10 pounds. if you get a huge fish either hold it right against your body or next to a measurable item like a tackle box or your fishing rod that way there is something for comparison. still looks bigger than the ones I catch!

polarsusd81 and Walleyeguy31 I think your skills of judging fish size are far from adequate. I caught a 9 3/4 bass in florida that looked smaller than that. the last picture really does it justice. There will always be naysers about fish pics. I really don't think that we need them on this site. We all come here for the friendly sharing of fishing information etc. not for hostility.

Quote:

polarsusd81 and Walleyeguy31 I think your skills of judging fish size are far from adequate. I caught a 9 3/4 bass in florida that looked smaller than that. the last picture really does it justice. There will always be naysers about fish pics. I really don't think that we need them on this site. We all come here for the friendly sharing of fishing information etc. not for hostility.

I couldn't agree more. I post pics from time to time and you get the guy who doesn't even know what photoshop is say you photoshopped it. Especially when there is no motivation for spending the time to do it. This is actually a very good picture from a camera phone.....and a nice fish. Unless you got concrete proof it is a fake (are either of you PS experts or even have any photography background)say something nice or just pass on saying anything.....and if you are going to PS it, at least make it a 14 pounder grin.gif