• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just one thing to say.....

IslandMan24

Quote:

Arctic Cat rules over all sleds. The F7 will kick any of your polaris
dump
. If you want to show up your neighbor's two up, or any other sled. Buy a Arctic Cat!!!

Does anyone agree????

Nice post...just looking for an argument? Anyways..bold first statement......and your saying the F7 is the faster than any Polaris sled, I will question that. But I am not going to get into flame wars on this, if you want to head to the hardcoresledders forums and bring this up!!!

BTW...I would like and new Crossfire or F6 EFI EXT. I ride an 99 XC600SP Polaris now....and it would be between those 2 sleds....a Switchback and a 900 Fusion if I buy a new one. GF's dad has a new F6 EFI EXT and it's a nice sled. Runs about neck and neck on hard pack with my sled.

IslandMan24-

I tend to agree with you but I'm a Cat guy also. If we are going to proceed with this thread, lets hear why the F7 will kick the dump out of any Polaris out there. To be fair, I think the discussion will have to be between similar 700cc twin cylinder liquids. I have a number of reasons but am interested to hear some others first.

Is it the EFI? Lay down engine configuration? Narrow track? Direct Drive? Suspension?

Lemme get in on this "my brother can take your brother arguement".....At least he never implied that it would kick the dump out of an 05' Mach Z.

He must have already been educated on that. LOL

I'm a Cat guy, have been all my life. Although when both my Cats decided to end one of their 9 lives within a couple weeks apart, I kinda wonder. grin.gif

I borrowed Gisserts XC 700 while mine was ill, I have to tell you, I was really impressed!! It really hurts to say that....

I want an F7 really bad though, but that's in my dreams...

I rode a F7 the other day, and was impressed with the power and suspension. I do think it would beat my SRX, but it wouldn't be by a ton. My uncle runs in those national speed runs and says they are the fastest 700 around...he struggles to beat them with his V-max 4 in a 1000 feet. BTW, I think the V-4 does 115+ in a 1000 feet, so that tells you that cat hauls a**. Really hooks up nice too, for not having any studs. Made your rear end pucker when you punched it cool.gif

I've been hearing some rumors this winter about Arctic Cat's T660 4-Stroke being quite the powerplant. The motor is coming from the plant with very conservative compression & turbo boost as you would expect from a production engine. Apparently, the tuning potential on this motor is limitless and can easily smoke an F7 in a drag race.

Kind of makes you wonder whats coming in the future from Cat. Hmmm....

Sartell-

When Lip Ripper posted his comment, it was wrong. I believe it was spelled Artic Cat. I notice now Islandman has corrected it.

No biggie. Lets get back to the subject at hand and that is comparing 700 liquid twins.

Hey guys, I am a cat man also and I used to own a "03" F7 and that thing did really move. I did beat alot of Brand "X" sleds so I have to agree with you, but also I think it could be beat by the bigger displacment sleds out there, but it was fun trying, and of course I did win most of the time!!! grin.gif

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!

My new ride is a "05" Black M7 153" and that thing flies up the mountains also, maybe we can started a arguement about mountain sleds to!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I do agree that the firecats are fast, I have the f6 efi. but I not sure about beating every polaris.

polaris builds fast motors.

going across a lake on friday, I was moving pretty good, but not wide open, and a yamaha 4 stroker passed me like I was sitting still, I pinned it, but ran out of lake to contend, but my thinking was there was no way I would catch up, I was impressed. I was moving about 80-90 when he passed me.

Ok since Im also a Cat guy I have to agree the F7 Rocks and unless you got a sally driving I cant see it losing much especially to a Polaris. wink.gif Haha, lets leave the new Fusion out of the picture here thats a 900 and that doesnt count!

I do like the Rotax engines in Ski-Doo and I do believe they are the next to the best when coming "out of the box". Of course next to Cat.

But you still have poor old Yammy and Polaris sitting in the back of the pack, sometimes they can see the front and even enjoy it but sure doesnt last long! wink.gifgrin.gif

Ohh But I do think Arctic Cats M series of sleds is the best out there. I truly believe they are the "King of the Mountain." But I think Polaris and Ski-Doo are catching on though.

My dream sled is still the F6 or F7 lastest and greatest. To bad college has to be paid for, btw whos stupid idea was it to pay for schooling? lol

I still haven't seen anyone say that any of the others will outrun a Mach Z. Why? Because right now they won't! Somebody has to be king each year, this year it happens to be Skidoo. Next year one of the others and the following year one of the others. I actually think the big shots get together and plan this stuff. That being said,(except in lake racing) the size of the motor and the speed of the sled all mean nothing without a good rider. Put a bad rider on a fast sled and you still have a bad rider. Put a good rider on an average sled and it becomes a fast sled on the trail.

And, if numbers mean anything, Ski-Doo is now the number 1 snowmobile in the world in sales. There has to be a reason...

laugh.gif

They must sell alot of Mini Z's HUH??? They must have the kid market cornered by now!!!

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!

Again my ride BLACK M7 153", Always bet on BLACK!!! grin.gif

Hey guys, I am also a cat man and ride with pride. I pulled this from the web site that shows the Best Box Stock Run stats. The T660 can play with others. You will also notice in the 700 class that Ski-Doo and Yamaha are not showing. Not sure if they have a production 700cc class in 04 confused.gif Some day I will upgrade from the 600 ZRT to F-7 EFI-EXT cool.gif

600cc Best Box Stock Runs 1/4 mile Speed 1/4 mile ET

Arctic Cat Firecat F6------92.0------12.89

Polaris 600 Pro X2 --------86.2------13.64

Ski-Doo MX Z 600 HO -----85.4------13.58

Yamaha SXVenom --------77.0------14.39

700cc Best Box Stock Runs 1/4 mile Speed 1/4 mile ET

Arctic Cat Firecat F7------92.7-----12.46

Polaris 700 Pro X2---------89.1-----13.22

Arctic Cat T660 Turbo-----87 ------13.1

MarkerBoy1

looks like we found the only one on the planet that is happy with the performance of their mach, everybody that bought one in the sleddin community to "Dominate" is selling them off cuz they Don't perform.

the mach's best posting in any race this year is a 3rd place.

not impressive at all, Pathetic for a major factory effort and a new big bore motor platform.

properly set-up stock F7's and ZR9's run the mach's into their trailers with snowflap between the skii's.

sorry to have to break the news to you, but it's public knowledge available at any snomobile HSOforum.

everyone has their own perception of true power and speed.

the true questions are answered at the finish line. shocked.gif

I guess I've been told now! confused.gif I'm sure in your experience thats the way you see it. My personal experience has been different. Just like on the other forums you talk about, the Cat forums will back you up and the Skidoo forums back me up.

First off I don't have a Mach, just a lowly Renegade, but it does everything I need it to do. I have friends with both sleds and have ridden both, so I know what each is capable of. When we are out and goofing around both guys have beat each other now and again. More times than not the Mach wins. These are not modified sleds, just bone stock not tinkered with....no picks or anything.

I see you felt the need to qualify your claim with "properly set-up" F7's and ZR9's. Thats great, then use a "properly set-up" Mach and you will most likely get different results. I am aware of some clutching problems with them but once properly set-up it is night and day. I respect the fact that F7s are great sleds, but your claim about "everybody" selling off their Machs is pretty much bogus.

Put them on all on a trail and neither one beats the other including the Renegade. Last January I had the opportunity to beat my pals F7 with my Renegade in a 23 mile race. He never passed me once..... and couldn't have if he tried. Oh, did I forget to mention he burned down on the Rainy River and I was towing him the whole way?

I'll stand by my original statements! "The size of the motor and the speed of the sled all mean nothing without a good rider" And finally...Ski-Doo is the number 1 snowmobile in the world in sales. (for now) smirk.gif

even proprely set up mach doesn't get the job done,

they have traction and weight transfer issues, along with other things that hinders there perfomance.

these are professional drag racers,they know how to make a sled fly if it has the abillity.

not a "BOGUS" claim that alot of racers couldn't get them to perform and sold while proper time of the season and still in demand.

besides ski-doo wined until the race organization BANNED the F7's from being able to jump up into the 800,900 and even your beloved 1000 class.lol 700 kickin all there butt's!!

i'm sure they are addressing the problems and will be fixed on next years models.

don't get me wrong, my buddy has a full mod MX Zx 800 thats a grin to ring out, i like all brands.

but for a all New big twin 1000 that took over 4 years to develop, the performance just ain't there.

u do the math.

mach 1000. 996.7cc

ZR900. 862cc

F7. 698cc

mach loses with almost 300cc displacement advantage.LOL confused.gif

mussn't forget. "Today" there the #1 selling snowmobile in the world.

Get it right!

I'll make this easy and succumb to your greater knowledge. It’s really not worth an argument to me. I didn’t come here to make any enemies, just share thoughts and stories. Not that big of a deal to me anymore who can get down a strip the fastest! Did enough of that in my youth. Feel free to believe what you want and I'll do the same. The only one I follow anymore is a friend of mine that still races, and was/is a record holder in his class (with a Skidoo motor). The only race I went to this year was Hay Days and interestingly enough the results for "STOCK 1000" class were as follows.

1st Chris Anderson-----------Ski Doo

2nd Billy Howard------------ Arctic Cat

3rd Guy Breton-------------- Ski Doo

4th Peter Bigchair ------------Arctic Cat

In the Trail Imp Stk 1000 Class

1st Derek Brickley-------- Ski Doo Mach Z

Cat placed third in that class.

I’m not quite sure what you meant about my ”beloved 1000 class” since I said I don’t have one, and never have. It's obvious that you don't respect or believe my personal observations and experiences, or you may feel that yours are more valid. That’s ok! My big mistake here was simply responding to an obvious bashing post that next time I’ll just skip over.

Happy trails too you!