• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowmobile -or- Snowmachine?

Moose-Hunter

knoppers-

I cannot find any reason to argue with you at all.

I AM biased to the sleds that come from TRF but I have to agree, Cat knows what they are doing.

Am I allowed to argue that it took Polaris, Ski-Doo, and Yamaha 13 years to adapt to the double A-arm front suspension that Cat has had since '91.

By the way, who else has batteryless EFI right now??????????

Actually the FIRST snow machines were air-prop driven if I remember correctly. I saw that doc years ago and they showed enclosed rigs that would ride 2-4 people and had a big pusher prop on the tail. US Mail used them for delivery on the big bays way back when.

BW, the old Excel III is running like a top as of late. PS, nice new truck you got there!

Yeah I guess you could call it that not real sure, I am heading out to Yellowstone next week so hopefully she will climb like crazy!!! grin.gif I have been talking smack about it to my Polaris buddies so I hope I can back it up!!! grin.gif I have about 80 miles on it is all, and I am impressed with the gear drive so far, it is a little noisy but it doesn't bother that much because I put a pipe on it already so I can't really hear much!!! grin.gif

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!

I am a little late to notice this post, but here is my input. I have lived in Eveleth all my life except for one year in Duluth. I must be on that borderline of how you say things that someone one talking about. I call mine a snowmobile, a snowmachine, and a sled. This snowcat and skidoo for all types of sleds is something new to me. When I say it as an action word though, it is snowmobiling or riding, nothing else.

Ryan

PS I ride a 1996 indy ultra

When I was a single man and was about to go out on the town looking for female companionship my buddies and I would say we were going "Cat'n" Kinda makes me giggle to hear someone say they are going "snowcat'n" I think now I just call it a sled but all my buddies and I used to call them

Mustard Buckets

Polar Pigs

Arcticcrap

Yamaha ha ha or just ha ha ha grin.gif