• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eddie Griffin

Stratosman

He has to be one of the best pickups the Wolves have ever had, hasn't played in a year and a half and he is kicking butt in the paint and can knock down a 3 about 50% of the time. Granted he has had his issues on the past, but hopefully he can keep his nose clean because I only see him getting better as the season progresses. Sit Michael "OhnoIcan'tplay" on the bench, start Griffin and have Mad Dog as bench player #1. With Garnett and Griffin, we should out-rebound teams 2-1.

Go T-dogs.

Eddie's like getting a stud #1 pick in the draft. He's what? 24?

Hopefully his mistakes are behind him, if so, and the Wolves can keep him, they got a steal.

I don't see many games, but when I do watch, he does great. good defense, and can shoot the outside shots. in tonights game, I can't believe he makes some of those outside shots with almost no arc on the ball, its a line drive down the hole.

Eddie's a stud. Another example of Flip Saunder's projects. He'll probably be gone when his stats are up and he can make more money. Money talks, but for now he can keep ripping it up and the wolves can continue to play well and build some chemistry.

Any of you see the game tonight? Eddie G goes off. What did he have like 7 three pointers and the wolves broke the franchise record for three's. I think Eddies 4th in the NBA in 3 point %. And Flip is still starting Mad Dog as center? Pick up of the year.

So far, Comeback player of the year.

Spree's contract is up after this season, they will have money to bring Griff back. Taylor will spend the ching, he's already proven that.

Now only if he could buy the vikes......or twins!

As much as I dislike Sprewell's attitude I love him as a player, he is very agressive and plays excellent defense. I don't think he's worth 14mil per year like he wants though. If we could keep him at the guard position and have griffin play at the center postion, trade Olowokandi, he's not worth the $ he's making and we'd still be better off salary wise. I don't think we need a true center.

Griffin could also be a candidate for the 6th man award. Something McHale knows about. I think he should continue to come off the bench. He is a big spark. Trade Spreewell and Olawastiffy for J.Kidd. We could also stick Johnson in the mix. We have enough players in Spree's position where we can get rid of him and his salary. Let some large market team overpay him. If Griffin continues this path of improved performance McHale/Taylor will have no problem getting rid of Spree at season's end.

Read an article recently where KG said that not since Googs was around did he have another big man who could pull his defender out of the paint like that, and when he found out they'd acquired him he'd specifically said he wanted Griffin's locker to be right next to his. That's pretty big praise from the big man.

Saunders sounds like he wasn't going to push him into a starting position to soon - just bring him along at whatever pace he needed. But I think he'll be starting soon enough. Then again back when I heard McKale was joining the wolves you'd expect them to be great at getting everything out of their big men. Can still remember watching him play as a gopher with my dad, it's hard not to respect that man! AND.... HE FISHES!

Barkley got asked who the toughest person he ever had to guard was and he answered Kevin, saying that he'd score on you so smoothe "people didn't even realize someone was guarding him which is hard to do since I'm such a beautiful man, but the good thing about it was that later on you could always say 'it wasn't me'."

Love watching Spree, great defense and watching him driving the ball is beautiful... not sure I'd spend the money he's looking for. The entire situation with him and Sam had me thinking it'd be better finding some alternatives for the season cause even though I love watching them play I'd have problems relying on them performing to their abilities if they're feeling [PoorWordUsage]y about "not being respected".

Anyone else think Kandi may be the type who needs a little more pain before he pulls his head out? Probably won't happen while here.

Hoping Griff continues like he's been doing and based on what I've read he might actually appreciate what's going on here enough to stick around.

Good take from the Sports Guy on ESPN.com's page 2:

Eddie Griffin . . . I mean . . . wow. Easily the most talented frontcourt player on Minny besides KG. He can block shots, run the floor, crash the boards, even shoot threes. He's the biggest X-factor in the West right now -- either he ends up in jail again, or he could be the crunch-time center on a team that's still playing in June. There's no in-between.

But this brings me to one of my goofy theories: You can only take a chance on a colossal head case if there's an alpha dog around to keep him in check. Just look at Dennis Rodman's career -- he was fine with Isiah and MJ and a time bomb with everyone else. Same with Vernon Maxwell and Hakeem; Dennis Johnson with Bird (everyone forgets that DJ wore out his welcome in two cities); Stephen Jackson with Duncan; even Cassell and Spree with KG last season. Crazy guys suddenly don't seem as crazy when they're playing with someone they respect. I always thought this was the biggest failure of David Robinson's career -- there was something about his personality that Rodman didn't respect, so Rodman sabotaged the Spurs for two straight years in Robinson's prime. I'm not saying it was Robinson's fault; but at the same time, I don't think Rodman would have been taking his shoes off during a playoff game with KG glowering at him. Warrants mentioning.

Well said from all of you. I think (like someone said) this has to be the best free agent pickup in T-wovles history, who can you comapre this guy to?? Yeah he had his problems but that was in the past and nobody gave him a chance to play. I think this guy is like a #1 pick that we have never gotten. I hope McHale keeps this guy around for years to come, he is only going to get better.

I think he's been too quick with the trigger finger lately & he's been missing alot. The previous two games I was reminded as a team they were 2-28 from 3 point range. (A shade over 7%.) I know Spree was 0-8 against LA & I think THud was 0-8 in the previous game. Eddie was one for a bunch between the two I believe & that one bounced up off the front rim & fell in. I think Flip's been trying to play his best defensive lineup a lot the last few games trying to turn things around.

I would like to see Wally start for Sprewell, much more consistant, lacks a little on the defensive side, but the offense makes up for that, Hassel is a good scorer, he just knows his role, he is a very solid player, our main problem has been to many shooters resulting in a lack of ball rotation and poor shots without being in position for offensive rebounds, I like the lineup but it would be nice to have Cassel back. I think we trade sprewell and olowakandi, both are becoming a cancer to the team, pick up a real center that can play defense and we should improve. I would expect the wolves to make a move soon.