• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wisconsin

I will be hunting as well this weekend. I to think the fee is a little high but only because I can only hunt Saturday to Monday. But I was invited to hunt with the in-laws so I am going to go. I really just think that they really just wanted a Viking fan in camp to harass for the weekend.

I think we'd all like to go state to state to hunt and pay the resident rate, but that is a privledge reserved for RESIDENTS. $160.00 is a lot of coin, but in the world of non-resident fees, it's still reasonable. Most non-resident big-game licenses in other states are approaching double that. Hint for all the well-informed, highly educated elected officials..... raise our rates to at least mirror those of our neighbor to the east. The DNR needs all the help in income they can get.

With that said, I'll be there doing my best to help reduce the deer herd.

p.s. What would guys think about paying for a doe only tag for say half the price and NO party hunting? Meaning you'd be saving $80.00 to pass up a possible buck of a lifetime.... crazy.gifHMMMM , but you'd put meat in the locker.....

The WI fee ($160) seems to be competative with the MN nonresident fee ($135). To me it only seems high because I can not hunt the WI season after Monday. So it is $160 for three days of hunting, instead of 9 days for $160.

If WI feels that it should be $160 who are we to tell them they are wrong. I do know that if they had a reduced license for antlerless only I would not buy it. I would feel very depressed if I had to sit adn watch a large buck walk away because I did not spend the extra cash.

Labs,

I got a doe tag from my brother in law as an early b-day present. ND-non-res. Long story short. I saw more than 25 bucks in two days. Including 4 trophies size bucks standing at less than 50 yards each. (The biggest one was facing at 35 yards.) Two of them were trotting around out in front of me at the same time, less than 30 yards just begging me. I could have easily killed any of those monsters with my 30-06. And yes, I got a doe with no problem.

My cousin shot one that was 13 points. One of the ones I HAD TO pass on. It was an experience of a life time.

Post your email if you want to see the pics.

My tongue is still hanging out.

I know this is probably a rare case but my buddy had all four tires slashed in Superior because he had Minnesota plates on his vehicle. I believe he was hunting just south of town on public land but I don't remember the name of the area. The police said it happens to some vehicles each hunting season and its always the ones with Minnesota plates.

Just an FYI

Granny

I have hunted there for the past 5 years ( I went to college in Menomonie) and I dont know what it is, but a lot of residents DO NOT like nonresident hunters (especially from MN). They all want the Non res price to go higher. But at the same time, those same people complain about the deer population.

Good luck to all you MN hunters coming over for the WI gun hunt. Sounds like its gonna be a warm, snowless hunting season. Oh well, makes it easier to sit in the stand longer. I spent most of last season in the hospital so I'm hoping to make up for it this year - bow season has been great with lots of deer around my stand, but no nice bucks.

As Exudedude said, there is a ton of county and national forest land in WI. Simply get your lazy butt away from the road and you leave the vast majority of hunters behind.

Cooter,

Exude also said you need time. I know the places are over there, somewhere, but the time is kinda crucial on my part.

Not to mention, hunting public land with high powered rifles isnt exactly my idea of a good time. Just my opinion.

I know a lot of people do it, but its just not my cup of tea.

If we didn't own private land here in MN, I am not so sure I would hunt public land either. But, I cant imagine giving up deer hunting either.

I like private land. No conflicts.

Ill be out there to on saturday hunting in conersville and north of new richmond with my cousin whos buddy owns privite land that we hunt and on one of them it is trophey management so u can only shot a buck thats rack is wider then its ears and trust me there are some big boyz out there i myself will be hunting on his new land where we saw 5 small bucks two weeks ago so hopefully i can get my frist deer. i got off easy with my lisence i only had to pay $35 for it cause i bought the jr sport and i get my small game and fishing with that so thats wasnt a real big problem for me

i would love to see pics of any big boyz taken from over there

Gonna be up in the Cozy Corner area... Between Danbury and Dairyland. How 'bout you? They got one nice 8 point (140+) last week with bow... I have 2 pics of a nice wide 20" 10 point using the area around my stand from last week. We'll see how it goes.... If you're going to be in that area let me know... By the way, what is KGMH stand for?

You can e-mail if you want too...

Good Luck!

Ken

Decoy... you post the exact scenario I was speaking of... just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the subject. I don't think anyone should tell WI what their rates should be, I think $160 is an actual bargain to hunt big game in another state (the $135.00 days should be over), but I know other states in an effort to control herd numbers in both deer and elk offer antlerless tags at a much reduced rate and no party hunting. Just wondering who would bite on this? Decoy I'm sure it was awsome to have those events unfold in front of you, though it would have been great to harvest one of those bucks, the memories of seeing them are at least some consolation.

Good Luck!

Ken

Not just MN trucks have problems with damage to trucks, 2 yrs ago I kicked a guy off of our private property, after I saw him look at me through his scope. When I left the woods had 2 tires slashed. Sheriff said not much he can do, unless I seen him do it. Some people think that they own the woods and have no respect for others.

I'll be there with my $$ too. It'll be my 3rd of hopefully many more years to come. I can't wait to get a week worth of work done in a day and a half here so I can get up to camp at a reasonable time tomorrow. Good luck everyone!