• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2004 FishingMinnesota Big Buck Champion

Dan Wood

Enter your bucks this year guys/gals for the title of 2004 FishingMinnesota Big Buck Champion. This is a free contest, just make sure you read the rules before you head up to camp. Your photos must include either a piece of paper with "FM" written on it, or a one Dollar bill.

There are some other categories as well, including smallest buck, strangest buck, runner-up.. So enter your bucks no matter how big they may be. We all enjoy seeing photos of those bucks. Good luck everyone!

More information on this contest can be found at:

FishingMinnesota Big Buck Contest

Awesome, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in the running for smallest buck. Its just one of those things with me.

Start engraving the plaque to tack on in my signature-

2004 FishingMinnesota Smallest Buck Champion

grin.gif

Dan, How about the longest deering hunting career without on antlered deer. Mine ended this year finally. 33 yrs of hunting deer I finally shot a legal antlered buck. I have shot many deer over the years. Button bucks to a 150lb. 3legged doe, I did kill an 11 pointer that another guy gut shot and claimed. Saturday Nov.6 2004 it all changed, I shot a large 10 point that was trailing a small doe. How its time to find the guy for mounting this baby. WOW

Good luck to all fm deer hunters.

PS. I knew I should have bought the boat. I could have finished the day fishing Green Lake in spicer.

The walleyes are starting the bite.

Like I previously stated- start engraving the plaque!

Saturday afternoon Nov 6 at 2:30pm, big bodied 3 pointer. It would have been a nice basket racked six but it was missing the right side antler. Bad news is I went to take the photos, had my FM sign made and there is no film in my camera. confused.gif I forgot the darn film confused.gif Guess if I would have brought the film, I wouldn't have seen anything.

Well, 2 more weekends left. We'll see what else happens. Still have a bunch of tags to fill in the party.

Got a nice 8 pointer this morning. It was running full speed when the impact took it down. It is amazing what the bumper from an F150 can do. What a [commercial-or-naughty-word] to start off Monday morning.

Duckbill

Oh sorry Hanson I think I got you bet on the smallest buck. My whopper spike was a real beauty. Quite the contrast to the 12 point I shot last year. But the season is young. I got one more to get in MN and then I have my tag for here in ND. Hopefully I can get something decent to enter. I think I will abstane on entering the spike plus I don't have a legal picture for the contest and it is already at the butcher.

Well iffwalleyes,

I knew someone could beat my smallest buck entry. Well, I guess it isn't an entry since I don't have a legal photo.

Anyway, its just on of those things for me. My younger brother of 4 years has shot more bucks before I got my first, than I have total. Does that make any sense.? When I finally did get my buck, it wasn't worth bragging about and it hasn't changed since. I get a six, he gets a bigger six! I get a spike, his spike is longer! I finally get an 8, his is a 140 class 8. Call it sibling rivalry I guess but it is almost becoming fact between the 2 of us. So when there is talk about a smallest buck contest, I know I'm in the running because that is the way it has always been. One of these days though, I'll get him.

For smallest buck and strangest buck entries, go ahead and submit without the staple item or date stamp. Any entries that are in contention for the Big Buck title will require either the staple item or date stamp.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=429036&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=&vc=1&PHPSESSID=