• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NL will win the World Series

Swamprat72

The Cardinals just showed why the NL is the better league. Not only did they execute the bunt, unlike Johnny Damon, but it was a suicide squeeze worked to perfection. Time to get rid of the DH. Make Pedro stand in the batter's box and we'll see how often he points at his head. Either NL team will beat the Red Sox because of how emotionally and physically spent the Sox are. Long live the curse wink.gif

Yeah, what a drag. Damon blows a bunt, but...oh...wait...what is that? Um...that seems to be a GrandSlam, followed by a 2 run homer.

It matters when it counts.

I prefer the NL as well(love to see the pitchers hit and the managers sweat), but Cmon' dude.

Yes, Tavarez also broke 2 bones in his non-throwing hand which will keep the RELIEF pitcher from hitting. Tony's redbirds will definitely win. How many RBI's did Manny have against the Yankees? A:0 and only one against the Angels. How many hits did Damon have against the Yankees? A: 6 with 3 coming in game 7 and all but 1 RBI in that game as well.

I think this is going to be a great series. Should be a blast to watch. Two loaded line-ups wich could explode at any time and two qauilty pitching staffs. I forsee good baseball and tight games.... Boston in 7.

The Cards have a great offense but I think that besides Williams there starting pitching is suspect and there bullpen is fair.

Boston's offense is also very good and they have better pitching. The key for me is Schilling. If he can pitch like he did in game 6 I have to pick Boston to win the series.

Sounds to me like the Cards better watch out for Manny, as he's obviously overdue. The guy's a great hitter & not likely to have 3 poor series in a row. Look at the years this guy consistently puts up, those aren't accidents.

I think it will be a great series & actually I don't really care which team wins, they've both got some good guys & great players. I've always thought LaRussa was a very good manager. I'm really happy for guys like Edmonds & Walker, they're studs that have put up huge numbers & played really hard they're entire careers, dealt with a lot of injuries, etc.

Personally I still like the DH better, but the NL is fine. There is a distinct possibility you could see David Ortiz take on the Bill Buckner roll of defensive goat, by not being able to make a play in a game in St. Louis. For his sake I hope that doesn't happen, but it sure could. The only difference is Ortiz has always been brutal defensively, Buckner I don't think was ever great, but his skills had diminished a lot by 86.

Wakefield(WIN) "Watch that Knuckler Dance

Shilling (?) If the stitches hold-WIN; If not-Lost

PEDRO (Win) extra days rest,larger park

Lowe (?) For the past month you have no idea what expect,however free agency is on his mind andhe really wants to prove he's a 1st class starter(He was NOT HAPPY being orginally sent to the bullpen in the ALCS

Arroyro (?) If his curve ball is working,the Cards will not hit him. If not - Back to Boston.If it gets this far the game should be interesting - Arroyro lead the Red Sox in hit batters!

Shilling BACK TO FENWAY RED SOX WIN! RED SOX WIN! RED SOX WIN! RED SOX WIN! RED SOX WIN! RED SOX WIN! RED SOX WIN!!!

11:09 and the boys from Boston sealed the deal! 3 to go...What a game, huh? And I don't believe Ramirez should have gotten an error on that play in left! Had his knee not sunk 6 inches into the dirt and stop him cold, he would have made the play...lucky he did'nt get hurt!

Yeah, I figured I would take a beating on this one. One question though, with all of his errors (every fielding attempt is an adventure) why Manny for MVP? I guess the only things in life we can now count on are death, taxes and the Cubbies losing wink.gif

i guess manny got the mvp because he did hit well and i think they like to give it to one player, but why not give it to schilling, pedro, and lowe; they're the reason why the sox won the series in four games

what will baseball do without the curse of the bambino, who knows maybe the yankess will be cursed now for blowing the 3-0 lead in the ALCS

i guess we will still have the goat curse thing in chicago, but that is no comparison to the curse of the bambino in my book

You got that right about Ortiz! If it had'nt of been for his bat, things may have turned out differently!

And the wounded Shilling reminded me of another wounded ball player in a long ago ballgame, kurt Gibson! I still remember it and it still gives me prickles when I see replays!