• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall hunting-anyone?

leech~~

Anyone going this season?  

Never have tried a fall hunt but would like to give it a try. 

They seem to really be grouped up now. 

Any tips on how to pick the best roadside ditch to sit in?  Their everywhere! 😆

If you’re a bow hunter, you kinda hafta automatically consider it if you have birds around.  BUT I will say you’re better off either concentrating on one or the other OR hunt from a blind.

They are super quick to pick off tree stand hunters more often than not.

2 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

I buy a tag every fall just in case.  Haven't filled one yet though.

I would really like to pick up some grouse, a turkey and some deer meat with my new crossbow this fall. A few more 100 honey-do's at the new house and I should be good! 🙃

31 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

I would really like to pick up some grouse, a turkey and some deer meat with my new crossbow this fall. A few more 100 honey-do's at the new house and I should be good! 🙃

I missed a grouse by a half inch a couple years ago and was told after the fact by my buddy it was illegal. 

I didn't look into it, just took his word for it.

I usually bring a field tip in my quiver just in case I decide I need convince my buddies to try squirrel.

Edited by bobbymalone

25 minutes ago, bobbymalone said:

I missed a grouse by a half inch a couple years ago and was told after the fact by my buddy it was illegal. 

I didn't look into it, just took his word for it.

I usually bring a field tip in my quiver just in case I decide I need convince my buddies to try squirrel.

I gave a very loud and obnoxious Grouse plenty of time to stop walking down and beeping at me on the log I was sitting on, it may have been his drumming log?  Eat, um! 😋

5 minutes ago, smurfy said:

shoot a grouse with a bow???🙄 i gotz one hellofa time hitting one with a scatter gun!!!!!!!!🤣🥴

I have shoot one or two, but I'm not hunting them with the crossbow, only deer!  

Some grouse, turkey and a deer are my goals for this season, with gun or bow. 😉