• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cool pepper plant

snagfinder

Last summer someone had a picture of a cool looking pepper plant that had peppers that looked like jalapenos but were purple and red and orange and maybe yellow. Just curious if anyone knows what it was called I cant find it and wanna order some seeds to grow it.

I don't know, I never even tried them, they are the size of a grape.

I figured they were nothing but all super hot seeds in them.

I tend to grow a couple very hot pepper varieties every year just to see what they look like, and maybe add a sliver of them to some pepper sauce.

Oh, and for drunk loudmouths at yard party's. "I dare ya to eat this!"

:D

(and I buy seedlings, never have gone the seed route)

Edited by Duffman

5 hours ago, Duffman said:

I found them at Cal's Market and Garden Center here in Savage.

I'll let you know if I find them there again. You never know what they will have from year to year.

Do you know if they sell stuff like ghost pepper or them reaper peppers I wanna try some of that stuff this year. No matter what I put in my jelly some buddies think it just ain't hot enough. Last year I even simmered the jalapeno and habenero seeds in the vinegar before I used it just to try and crank it up.

44 minutes ago, snagfinder said:

Do you know if they sell stuff like ghost pepper or them reaper peppers I wanna try some of that stuff this year. No matter what I put in my jelly some buddies think it just ain't hot enough. Last year I even simmered the jalapeno and habenero seeds in the vinegar before I used it just to try and crank it up.

I have gotten them at the Fleet Farm garden center in BPark the last few times I grew them.  

2 hours ago, snagfinder said:

Not one single reaper. Their about to lose their spot.

I like to use a heat mat to keep soil temps up and in a humidity dome until a couple days after hot peppers sprout.

I've not grown Reapers but found this.

"First off, like many super hot peppers, the Carolina Reaper plant takes much time to germinate.  I have seen some seeds not show themselves for as long as a month."

I'm kinda wishing I went the seed route this year, for no other reason than to give myself a little hobby during all of this.

And who knows if the garden centers will be even open in a month or so?

Good luck with your crops folks!

On 3/25/2020 at 12:36 PM, Duffman said:

I'm kinda wishing I went the seed route this year, for no other reason than to give myself a little hobby during all of this.

And who knows if the garden centers will be even open in a month or so?

Good luck with your crops folks!

Not too late...