• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Land

eyedr

I am in the beginning stages of lookfing for some hunting land to purchase. I want to have a place my son and I can make some memories. I have seen a lot of land for sale in the onamia area. How is the deer hunting in this area? It seems like land prices are reasonable. But I seem to remember deer numbers being down. Anyone with expeirience in this area?

On 9/9/2018 at 9:57 PM, eyedr said:

I am in the beginning stages of lookfing for some hunting land to purchase. I want to have a place my son and I can make some memories. I have seen a lot of land for sale in the onamia area. How is the deer hunting in this area? It seems like land prices are reasonable. But I seem to remember deer numbers being down. Anyone with expeirience in this area?

There is a lot of low land around Onamia but in a lot of respects, you want some of that on your acreage.  Having some agricultural activity nearby would be a plus, obviously.  The one thing that bothers me about that area is it’s generally really flat.  Deer and other game are definitely inhabiting those woods but I’ve wondered how predictable their movements would be.  

I’ve never hunted it though, just commuted for almost a year out of Onamia proper.  I got to know the sweet spots, and they usually coincide with some terrain chnages which are few and far between.

Thats my view from the road anyway.