• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Burgers

holy moly that is a great looking meal!!!  the biggest thing we have done add mushrooms or/and onions to the mix, along with the seasonings, all dry.  but with burgers there is so much one can do!!  black olives maybe, I have has green olives on a burger and not bad.  there is/was a bar in Mankato that I think had like 80 different burgers on the menu!!

I like minced onion for added flavor and moisture, maybe a splash of beer instead of water, a couple shakes of Wooster (or some Wooster powder) and a handfull of hi-temp cheese.  Adding some ground pork or sausage to the ground beef is an option if we have some in the fridge.  Ironically this is the same way I approach meatloaf, and I do it indirect on my smoker but add some bacon on top.  If I want a Mexican profile I'll mix chorizo and beef together and might add some minced jalapenos and use Mexican spices.

G72HFOz.jpg

1 hour ago, thirdeye said:

I like minced onion for added flavor and moisture, maybe a splash of beer instead of water, a couple shakes of Wooster (or some Wooster powder) and a handfull of hi-temp cheese.  Adding some ground pork or sausage to the ground beef is an option if we have some in the fridge.  Ironically this is the same way I approach meatloaf, and I do it indirect on my smoker but add some bacon on top.  If I want a Mexican profile I'll mix chorizo and beef together and might add some minced jalapenos and use Mexican spices.

G72HFOz.jpg

thirdeye, that is to die for! No literally, I can feel my veins clogging right now! Lol.  :D

Edited by leech~~

Wow, those are over the top, guys!!! :grin:  I make all my burglars the same....splash of worcestershire, cracked pepper, bit of seasoned salt, minced onions, and a couple drops of hickory smoke all mixed in. Sometimes mix in some  coarse sharp shredded cheddar....

One of my better ones up at the lake last summer.

Finely diced fresh garlic, finely diced fresh onion, hand full of shredded cheddar cheese, tea spoon Liq smoke, big spoon of Jalapeno mustered all mixed in meat. Put on a toasted onion bun with a slice of cheddar cheese and topped with sautéed morel mushrooms and bacon! At least the burger was 93% fat free! :lol:

11816893_1639604756287513_2402867299385780759_n.jpg

23 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I like to chop bacon into tiny pieces and add to the hamburger.

But of course juicy lucy's are always good too....

juicy lucy 1.jpg

Sliced Jalapeno's. Are you sure that's not a Juicy Maria? :grin:

A lot of great ideas , seems liquid smoke is a fav, lipton is a good thought too. Great looking burglars fellas, and that bacon wrapped meatloaf looks mouth watering thirdeye.  I went back through my pics looking for the open pit burgers but all I found were steaks, but holy moly I must eat burglars a lot Cuz there's a bunch. Think next time I'll mix it up and see if anyone notices, thanks gents and keep the pics coming!!;)