• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer Lottery Question

Kidd

A quick question.  I hunt in a zone that was Buck only last year and this year is designated as a lottery area.  When I purchased my license this year I was told that I am automatically enrolled in the lottery.  Does this sound right or do I need to do something to make sure I am included in the lottery?

Thanks in advance. 

If the zone you told them when buying your license is a lottery zone you will automatically be entered into the lottery for that zone.  If you have your receipt still check to see if it has code 665 on it somewhere.  Code 665 is the code for anterless lottery.  It may also be on your license somewhere but i'm not 100% sure on that.

However, as long as you told them the correct lottery zone when you bought your license then you should be good to go.

I usually buy my license at the State Fair each year because I'm usually at the DNR booth anyways and there is almost never a line.  I spoke with one of the guys a few years ago about the lottery system and he confirmed that its all automated when you designate your zone.

As long as you told the license agent the right zone (they need to ask to proceed with the sale on Thier monitor) you are automatically entered into the lottery through September 8th.

After that date the lottery is closed.

Edited by ANYFISH2

First off, thanks to all that replied

When looking at my license I do have a section that states :665 - Antlerless/special hunt application.

So I am sure that means I am automatically registered into the lottery.

Thanks again.