• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Ice house sleeper rental at Lake of the woods

trent123

I am heading up to LOTW in early March with my 10 year old son. I am a bit of an avid indoorsman and would like to stay in an ice castle ice house or equivalent. We have stayed on Lake Mille Lacs the last couple of years and it was not a problem to find one.

To make a long story short, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Trent

I went out of Sportsman's Lodge this year and highly recommend them. They worked hard to put us in a good spot, gave a lot of good advice, and respond promptly via CB radio when we were low on bait. They offered to move the house if fishing was slow for us and we saw them moving multiple other houses every day. I've heard good things about Arnesons as well, but I haven't used them. 

I used a few different outfits up there and the Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman was the most memorable experience. Not only were they the most friendly, I had the best fishing experience out of their houses. Wheelers point was good too but definitely not as memorable and they didn't take care of you like JP does. 

I have never stayed in Arnesens houses but have fished around them.  The OP states he is an avid indoorsman and wants an IceCastle type of house.  That makes me think he wants something better than your basic skid house.  Are Arnesens houses your nice basic skid fish house or will their houses meet the OP's Ice Castle expectations?  I pose this question not to judge Arnesens as I know they are a great outfit but to fit the OP to what he expects.