• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Boar

on the choping block! boars jerkey

Recommended Posts

ok. taking the big freeze time out from fishin o prepair some of boars jamin' jerkey. i used mr yoshidas sweet and sour marinade, fresh unprocessed honey, A1, bbq sauce, and for bite, sirracha sauce. i also add cure to the mix,just in case. havent used it before but rom learning here, an oz.of.precaution...... gonna let.sit ad soak.till sunday morn. hope.pics out. AND YES ITS BACK STRAP.JERKEY!!!!  OMG!

20160108_195923.jpg

20160108_200102.jpg

20160108_195931.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i thawed the straps, cleaned them and filleted the silver skin and undesirable.off, then with my meat slicer, made uniformed beutiful slabs to smome. i also saved.1 small strap thats in the same gunk to smome as a small roast type thing

Edited by Boar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guys like Boar and I always have an overabundance of wild game due to  our skill so sometimes we do use things like loin for jerky or walleye cheeks for fish chowder.  Right Boar?

It's not that we're being wasteful of the finer cuts of fish, fowl, or hooved animals its that we are breaking new territory in our techniques.  Most of you are trying to make the less desirable items into something edible.  We are basically Rennaissance Men and I don't even know what that means but it sounds good.

Most Fish and Game limits were made using Boar and I as the example of how a specie could be decimated if all carried our skills.  Same reason you can only have one wife.  They looked at Boar and my handsomeness and our "prowess" and decided we should be limited to one in really an unlimited world for us.

He can't make spaghetti because he doesn't have to know how with all the loin laying around.

It's not really fair to those of you who struggle in this capacity but it had to be done.  Right Boar?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very well said LL, its really hard for guys like us to be on a public forum like this, keeping our tru identity a secrete can sometime be tough. Ive had to relocate several times cause my wife has had attempt on her, so I would become single again.  I know the same is tru for you. so we hide here giveing small increments of our vast plethora of knowledge and skill when those are deemed worthy. Its a hard life but when your chosen, your chosen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for those of you that can't understand try this.

Ya know those Dos Equis beer commercials with "The Most Interesting Man in the World" showing his various talents?  That's modeled after Boar and I.

"He once won the lifetime achievement award, twice"

"He once ran a marathon because it was on his way"

"If he were to pat you on the back you'd put it on your resume"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Biggfoot looks for us.Just to be clear, they tried to get as close to our looks as possible for that commercial, but he's still way off. if these guys, look close enough at those black and white clips, that is the only films in excistence of us, they had to stop filming those easy feats of skill, cause people were getting seriously hurt and even killed trying to recreat them

I must go now and enlighten the world with greatness and awe! I will be back to educate more later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nuthin' wrong with using backstrap for Jerky! Steaks are great, but like everything else - it gets to be a little repetitious. Doesn't take a lot of backstrap to make a good batch, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also prepped 4 lbs of vennie last night to spend the day in the dehydrator tomorrow.  But backstraps? None for me thanks, they will be cooked on the grill where they belong.  Would love to fire up the smoker tomorrow, since I'll be home watching the game, but just too dang cold for that.  Guess makin' jerky comes in a close 2nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

looks like time to revoke another man card ! lol

got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, leechlake said:

guys like Boar and I always have an overabundance of wild game due to  our skill so sometimes we do use things like loin for jerky or walleye cheeks for fish chowder.  Right Boar?

It's not that we're being wasteful of the finer cuts of fish, fowl, or hooved animals its that we are breaking new territory in our techniques.  Most of you are trying to make the less desirable items into something edible.  We are basically Rennaissance Men and I don't even know what that means but it sounds good.

Most Fish and Game limits were made using Boar and I as the example of how a specie could be decimated if all carried our skills.  Same reason you can only have one wife.  They looked at Boar and my handsomeness and our "prowess" and decided we should be limited to one in really an unlimited world for us.

He can't make spaghetti because he doesn't have to know how with all the loin laying around.

It's not really fair to those of you who struggle in this capacity but it had to be done.  Right Boar?

 

holy dump its getting deep. hows your walleye supply LL???? I heard the landfill has there limit!!!!!!:lol::P

2 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

another man card in question ;) 

again I concur............

5 hours ago, LindellProStaf said:

ha ha  The jerky thread. What a coincidence.  I am going to prep my venny backstrap for jerky too.  Will do mine tomorrow also Boar.  Great minds think alike.  

jerky thread???????? more like the turkey thread with them to gloating amongst themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DonBo said:

I also prepped 4 lbs of vennie last night to spend the day in the dehydrator tomorrow.  But backstraps? None for me thanks, they will be cooked on the grill where they belong.  Would love to fire up the smoker tomorrow, since I'll be home watching the game, but just too dang cold for that.  Guess makin' jerky comes in a close 2nd.

never too cold to fire up the smoker. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ha ha I have my done....    Had a hunk of backstrap from a deer last year that I paid a butcher to do.  Remember it was cold as heck last year.  My deer was hard as a rock and I didn't want to spend days doing the thaw etc. so paid to have it done.  He did a great job with the burger which I had beef added to.  He doesn't just add beef fat but good beef.  Excellent.  Our burger for the whole year.  This years spike I ground all into burger except for the backstrap which we ate except for one small hunk that is now jerky.

SO it appears that you are not cool if you don't turn your old Venny backstrap into jerky whilst watching the Vikes handle the Seachickens....   ;)

So LL who did you bet on to win tomorrow?   

19 hours ago, Boar said:

i thawed the straps, cleaned them and filleted the silver skin and undesirable.off, then with my meat slicer, made uniformed beutiful slabs to smome. i also saved.1 small strap thats in the same gunk to smome as a small roast type thing

I might do mine in the oven tomorrow, or I might smoke it but I am really considering the smome method.   I have to google it first to see if I have the right stuff to do that.  Wondering if burning tires are involved???     Sorry Boar I love you Buddy but I had to mention it....    :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked the Hawks Lindell but that was before this scam of Lynch not playing.  

Lindell for sure is on the JV coolest guy squad.  Someday Boar and I will turn over the apron to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

    • If anyone here is in the market for an electric smoker, give me an IM. I will soon be listing my MES 40 that has only been used 1 time. It is barely even seasoned!
    • Not yet, but I have been thinking of trying one....
    • I figure any fish that doesn't get into my boat was a wall-hanger for sure. 😀
    • I've never bought a car/truck over $15K, so yeah.  It would take a powerball jackpot before I was in the market for a dealer showroom boat.
    • Dry brine with Mortons Tenderquick, amount directions per pound are on the package in a ziplock in the fridge. Add seasonings like onion, garlic, black pepper, maple sugar or brown, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg. What ever you prefer. Take meat out of brine and let sit in Fridge overnight. Smoke around the 130 degree mark for 12 hours (for my liking) or as smokey as you like. Cut into 1/8" slices and cook in the oven 425 degrees for 20 to 30 min to your desired crispness. 
    • I just bought two panels that I am going to trim slightly to replace one of the 3 grates on my Big Horn grill... I actually have a buddy that received them this weekend for fathers day and say they work just as advertised on his pellet grill.... I will give an update next week when they arrive.
    • never heard of it....  
    • Since we are talking about searing stations, etc....   Has anyone ever used the Grill Grate product on their pellet grills?   https://www.grillgrate.com/shop-grillgrates/standard-grillgrates/pellet-grills/
    • You've got the right idea. There are a ton of bacon recipes here on HSO if you search for bacon - I've pasted one here to what seemed like one of the more popular brines. I made bacon once, and it turned out OK, but it's a long process.  Good luck and let us know how it turn out.