• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2015 Pheasant/Grouse season photo's

Nodak birds. The 11 year old is slowing down but still loves it.

20151114_131528.jpg

I'l bet I saw 25 roosters last friday and saturday driving around looking for a roost that someone could bust, leaves me scratching my head, wondering what I am doing.. I believe in the future for me it will be a week in Canada for waterfowl, where i don't have to worry about the roost busters and a couple of long weekends chasing longtails in NoDak.  Muck better for the dogs and for my sanity..

Edited by Todd Caswell

I didn't get many pics from the long weekend but here are a couple:

photo 57326E5F-D814-4260-B574-191813448705_zps7wx3kxal.jpg

I shot this bird and thought for sure I hit it, but it just kept on flying, and I kept on watching it. It flew and flew, and then started to fly straight up, super high and then it dropped to the ground (heard people refer to that as a heart shot?). Safely got my dogs across the highway and sent the younger one out on a retrieve. who says pointers cant be retrievers? Love me some versatile dogs :)

photo 7CD5AA78-2B45-474E-8B9B-0C62E1939877_zpsvdw70xf1.jpg

photo F869AFA9-EEEC-493A-B7A4-2FFB580D145F_zpsey9r5z2c.jpg

I have had the same exact thing happen on a couple occasions over the years. Heart shot is what I always thought too. Takes a while to pump the blood out I guess. Its one of those frustrating sights when  you know you hit it, but it keeps going. Only for a happy ending! 

I didn't get many pics from the long weekend but here are a couple:

photo 57326E5F-D814-4260-B574-191813448705_zps7wx3kxal.jpg

I shot this bird and thought for sure I hit it, but it just kept on flying, and I kept on watching it. It flew and flew, and then started to fly straight up, super high and then it dropped to the ground (heard people refer to that as a heart shot?). Safely got my dogs across the highway and sent the younger one out on a retrieve. who says pointers cant be retrievers? Love me some versatile dogs :)

I have had the same exact thing happen on a couple occasions over the years. Heart shot is what I always thought too. Takes a while to pump the blood out I guess. Its one of those frustrating sights when  you know you hit it, but it keeps going. Only for a happy ending! 

I've always heard the same, who knows maybe it's just adrenaline.?  The one thing I do know is that every single time they do that fly straight up in the air move.  Must be some aviation move trying to stay air born.   Never seen any other game bird pull that move.