• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CANADIAN BACON

35 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

And my expertise is fig melding. From the Newton to inside my tummy. There, go figger out that word play. And put down that stupid pipe. :tired:

Next you will claim the law of gravitation and the laws of motion.....

See who is scientifically literate.

7 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Next you will claim the law of gravitation and the laws of motion.....

See who is scientifically literate.

Levitation of reaction and smurf compaction??! That would be complete satisfaction!  Or to quote Isaac, does a fig in motion cause tend to continue  in motion?  :lol:

Edited by RebelSS

Ahh,   the sleep of the deep night, hark!

Heart-hidden from the outer things I rose,
The spirit woke anew in nightly birth
Into the vastness where forever glows
The star-soul of the earth.

There all alone in primal ecstasy,
Within her depths where revels never tire,
The olden Beauty shines; each thought of me
Is veined through with its fire.

And all my thoughts are throngs of living souls;
They breath in me, heart unto heart allied
With joy undimmed, though when the morning tolls
The planets may divide.

George William Russell 

--September 15, 1893

I always get those funny looks when I say "heli-arc" instead of TIG.  This is my 40th year as a welding inspector :cool:, so you could say I'm old school.   Fun Fact: Linde actually coined and trademarked the name 'heli-arc", because this process needs an inert gas... and they used helium.   Nowadays argon is more common, but the few times I got to weld with helium is was really nice.  I can't imagine the price of helium... I just paid $40 for an 80 cf bottle of argon!!

9 hours ago, thirdeye said:

I always get those funny looks when I say "heli-arc" instead of TIG.  This is my 40th year as a welding inspector :cool:, so you could say I'm old school.   Fun Fact: Linde actually coined and trademarked the name 'heli-arc", because this process needs an inert gas... and they used helium.   Nowadays argon is more common, but the few times I got to weld with helium is was really nice.  I can't imagine the price of helium... I just paid $40 for an 80 cf bottle of argon!!

issue with welding with helium.............we had to polish the stainless for some reason that made it harder to grind that well smooth. helium was used for better penetration on thicker steel!

oh and its Michelob golden draft lite for me!!!!!!!:D

I could never master acetylene torch welding with the filler rods, etc.  Arc, Wirefeed and TIG came pretty easy - at least in a classroom environment

And I like IPAs and Busch Lite equally.  Along with pretty much any other beer, besides Saisons.  Those just taste like skunky beer to me.

How many other welding/beer combo posts can we get in this Canadian Bacon thread!?!?!?

:)

10 hours ago, delcecchi said:

At least ipa tastes like beer, rather than water.  Remember pfeiffer, the beer with the silent p?

oh yea I remember that. 3 cases for 9.99, returnable bottles. my uncle was a high school math teacher, worked at the Schmidt brewery a few summers. he said most the beer in the Pfeiffer bottles came out of the Schmidt vat anyway!!!!!!

thunder............have you considered using beer for a brine for CB>>>>>>> is that more on track!!!!!:D

48 minutes ago, ThunderLund78 said:

I could never master acetylene torch welding with the filler rods, etc.  Arc, Wirefeed and TIG came pretty easy - at least in a classroom environment

And I like IPAs and Busch Lite equally.  Along with pretty much any other beer, besides Saisons.  Those just taste like skunky beer to me.

How many other welding/beer combo posts can we get in this Canadian Bacon thread!?!?!?

Do folks still weld with a torch, with the modern availability of tig and mig and generators and stuff?

Well

1 hour ago, ThunderLund78 said:

Well, let's try....:crazy:   I haven't welded in 45 years....and yes, Del, I remember Pfeiffer beer... as I recall, $4 a case. I drank that...and Western......only when I had to. Pure skunk squeezin's. We better get back to the CB thread, before we start discussing the welds and seals that Morton Thiokol fudged up on the space program....

sugar+free+canadian+bacon+-+page+001_000

Edited by RebelSS

On 2/24/2016 at 8:49 PM, RebelSS said:

Ahh,   the sleep of the deep night, hark!

Heart-hidden from the outer things I rose,
The spirit woke anew in nightly birth
Into the vastness where forever glows
The star-soul of the earth.

There all alone in primal ecstasy,
Within her depths where revels never tire,
The olden Beauty shines; each thought of me
Is veined through with its fire.

And all my thoughts are throngs of living souls;
They breath in me, heart unto heart allied
With joy undimmed, though when the morning tolls
The planets may divide.

George William Russell 

--September 15, 1893

so poetic, cool.

greates poem ever...

Oh pointy bird, so pointy pointy.

anoint my head, anointy nointy.

guesse who wrote that? betcha cant betcha cant..

1 hour ago, Boar said:

so poetic, cool.

greates poem ever...

Oh pointy bird, so pointy pointy.

anoint my head, anointy nointy.

guesse who wrote that? betcha cant betcha cant..

I sniffed the smell, oh my, Oh! Plumes of effervescence, on the gentle breeze did blow, wafting from the ceiling to floor, 'twas just the smell of sausage smoming  Boar.....guess who wrote THAT one??! :P  :lol:

On 2/24/2016 at 7:49 AM, ThunderLund78 said:

Years ago I didn't care for Miller, their welding machines or their beer.  ;)  Now I have a blue box in my garage and drink mostly Lite, but do enjoy IPA's on occasion... flavor-wise and potency you get a lot of bang for your buck.

23 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Well

Well, let's try....:crazy:   I haven't welded in 45 years....and yes, Del, I remember Pfeiffer beer... as I recall, $4 a case. I drank that...and Western......only when I had to. Pure skunk squeezin's. We better get back to the CB thread, before we start discussing the welds and seals that Morton Thiokol fudged up on the space program....

sugar+free+canadian+bacon+-+page+001_000

Just this morning I was reading this article about a Morton Thiokol engineer and his battle with guilt over the Challenger explosion.

hey igot my cold smoker!!!

screaming, screaming, sound of frustration.emenation from beyound.

words hold no meaning, gestures abound meanig no harm.

tight lipped, thin skinned keeps some at bay. over the top and they sound they alarm.

pictures of cooking pictures of meat, the comments get.packed.

those that oppose, screaming, screaming from beyound...HIJACK!!!!

34 minutes ago, Boar said:

hey igot my cold smoker!!!

screaming, screaming, sound of frustration.emenation from beyound.

words hold no meaning, gestures abound meanig no harm.

tight lipped, thin skinned keeps some at bay. over the top and they sound they alarm.

pictures of cooking pictures of meat, the comments get.packed.

those that oppose, screaming, screaming from beyound...HIJACK!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon%20(1).  Magnificent!!!  Truly amazing!!! Way to GO, Boar!!!!! 

I did not think I should ever see, a Boar rhyming verses, just like me. :grin:

Edited by RebelSS