• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
laker1

One call of your choice-Slate-glass pod,

diagphram or box. Your favorite is?

I jump all over,for a while it was the box,than slate,than glass pod now back to liking a box.

Your choice is what?

I love my box calls. Very versatile call. But often just use a mouth call as it's handy and doesn't involve movement.

I love all calls but here is my go to. Old picture I have 5 or 6 more notches to add.

I'm thinking of getting a new lil heartbreaker but she keeps bringing them even with the sound changing a bit. All nothces are for birds killed from just this call when others failed.

100_0166_zps77e83278.jpg

Hoyt4 that is very impressive the number of turkeys you harvested. Mostly Minnesota birds or?

i've shot more toms using a diaphragm than any other call

really like my walnut/cherry real hen box and also have crystal, glass and slate pots in my vest along with a couple tubes

like others, many times i start with a pot or box and finish with a mouth call

lately, though, i have a couple goods spots that are a long walk in and when i get there i usually end up covering a lot of ground so, if its not going to be very windy, i have been grabbing just my mouth call pouch and leaving the vest in the truck

both toms i got this year were diaphragm only, the first a woodhaven black venom and the second a WH copperhead

The Zink wicked sister did the job this a.m. Wind,cold,sleet. Love this call!

Congrats Dan

I'm hoping to find one this evening. Only have the evening to hunt.

Laker that is a mixture of birds from missouri ,Sd,WI,MN,NE not all harvetsed by me but was the one who called them in using this call. I also love mouth calls just soemtimes birds like a certain tone better.

I would never pick just one. Every single time I do a set I have minimum 2 diaphragms in my mouth, one raspy one sweet, my 1980 Quaker Boy Grand Old Master box that has 87 hash marks on the back and a Roberts Bros. Glass over Slate. And I'll add a Lynch box or Dustin Jones Glass call or a wingbone if need be or even my Alabama Cackler slate!

Point is on any given day you totally short yourself if you stick with ONE call. You just don't know what tone is going to strike and then fire up a given gobbler.

Acquire as many different calls as you can afford.

Yes, my vest is heavy. I go in heavy and hopefully come out heavier.

WD

Congrats Dan

I'm hoping to find one this evening. Only have the evening to hunt.

Laker that is a mixture of birds from missouri ,Sd,WI,MN,NE not all harvetsed by me but was the one who called them in using this call. I also love mouth calls just soemtimes birds like a certain tone better.

Sounds like a lot of good times.

I usually have 3 mouth, one box, one slate, a glass, a push button, a tube, a gobble call, and I think that's it. I guess I like to go heavy also. BUT - if I could only use one call it would be my box hands down.

I would never pick just one.

Point is on any given day you totally short yourself if you stick with ONE call. You just don't know what tone is going to strike and then fire up a given gobbler.

Acquire as many different calls as you can afford. Yes, my vest is heavy. I go in heavy and hopefully come out heavier.

Yep, what he said.