• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

re carpeting lund pro v

Cheers

The carpet on my lund is worn and needs to be replaced . I was thinking it should be a do it yourself job . Am I wrong ? Any one tackle this before ? The boat is always stored inside and kept dry so I don't expect the floor to need replacing , just carpet . Any suggestions ?? I dont like vinyl so that is out .

Thanks

I will be replacing carpet in a 18ft Pro V this spring. I will only be doing the main floor, not the bow. It's a lot of aluminum rivets.

I am going to use Marine Grade, then seal the wood, then re-carpet it. Part of the floor is soft and a seat base has a soft area around it so it is time to do it.

It's not to bad of a job, just will take some time and patience.

I did my alumacraft a couple years ago and the carpet was the easiest part of the remodel. I don't know how your boat was assembled, but mine had the carpeted floor installed first then the compartments. If I would have just replaced the carpet I would have had to cut along the livewell and rod locker and cut new carpet to fit. If you go that route make sure the edges are glued well. I stole my wife's rolling pin to get good glue contact.

I did mine replaced the top deck boards and the trolling motor area. Replaced the carpet through out the boat. Took a couple weekend to get it done. Got the carpet order thru the c store got the glue at m store. Think it was about a 400 bucks after I was done with it. But I didnt use marine grade plywood just stuff I had around the house but my boat is stored outside and only used in fair weather day. The tools i used was a knife a trollel and roller for flooring.