• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

reputable remote starter installers

I have a 2012 toyota tundra and i'm looking to install a quality remote starter...thinking viper or compustar. Anyone know a great place, full waranty, certified to do this work? Live in south metro. Is bestbuy a good choice?

Thanks,

cc

where are you located, there is a guy in Le Center that installs vipers. does a great job, great service after if you have an issue... he even moved mine from a a half ton i traded to a diesel, and took the time to reprogram the starter and save me 75 dollars for relay part needed for the glow plug time out... worked awesome... If you are around the area I can get you his phone number

where are you located, there is a guy in Le Center that installs vipers. does a great job, great service after if you have an issue... he even moved mine from a a half ton i traded to a diesel, and took the time to reprogram the starter and save me 75 dollars for relay part needed for the glow plug time out... worked awesome... If you are around the area I can get you his phone number

I live in the south metro. Is your guy insured and licensed? Just have a fairly new and expensive vehicle...want to make sure I'm covered so that's why BestBuy was an option.

I got a Tundra (as I believe you do) and you work there correct? Can you give me an "idea" of what the out-the-door cost would be? What brands do toyota service centers carry?

I would be bald, committed, and on heavily regulated medication if i worked that side of the automotive industry. My experience is uninstalling systems that go bad, and I do a few every year. For that reason I don't have any "remote" desire to have any aftermarket system in my vehicles. Even the Saturn that had an aftermarket radio got a salvage yard factory radio installed after I bought it. grin

Compustar by a looooong shot I have had 2 of their long range models in different vehicles with excellent results. Specs said 1 mile range in the open. I have experienced 1 1/4 miles over open water measured by GPS numerious times. I have gotten mine from Mach 1 down there in the cites.

I would be bald, committed, and on heavily regulated medication if i worked that side of the automotive industry. My experience is uninstalling systems that go bad, and I do a few every year. For that reason I don't have any "remote" desire to have any aftermarket system in my vehicles. Even the Saturn that had an aftermarket radio got a salvage yard factory radio installed after I bought it. grin

Just out of curiosity, is there a "factory" remote start? I don't quite see the need for one myself, since I no longer fear assassination. (And yes, I have driven in the winter for many years, even parking outside for many of them, in cars with carburetors even)

Just out of curiosity, is there a "factory" remote start? I don't quite see the need for one myself, since I no longer fear assassination. (And yes, I have driven in the winter for many years, even parking outside for many of them, in cars with carburetors even)

Yes there is, but I can only speak for ford. The dealer add on remote start had its flaws, but the oem factory seems to be solid.