• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone going to get a new bow this year?

SmellEsox

Well, I did it! I bought a new bow. But it wasn't the one I was really planning on. I bought my 9 year old one of those Diamond Infinite Edge bows. Had a bunch of Cabelas bucks and they were on sale so I'm going to spoil him. Can't wait to get him set up.

I tested out a few bows today, still shooting a 12 year old martin.  I tested the prodigy, carbon knight, nitrum, and a bow I never heard of is the prime ion.  I really loved the ion by prime.  Anyone out here have one, shot great and it is an upper end bow but the great thing is new strings every two years for life, that alone for how long I keep my bows is a plus

Just picked up the new Credence Camo Compound-Bow by BowTech from the C store. Could not see spending more $$ for a Mathew like I planned. It is fast, light and short for the area I hunt I wanted to get a short axle length. (plus I had a discount coupon to load up on goodies!!)  I have bee using a friends older Hoyt and just wanted to get my own again.

So far so good, will update on performance as I get her dialed in.

I have been bow shopping for the last month and ended up getting the Hoyt Faktor which is a 2014 model.  I shot it next to the Nitrum and couldn't tell a difference and saved $300.  I had it narrowed down to the Hoyt Factor, Hoyt Nitrum, Bowtech Prodigy and Bowtech Experience.  Shot all of these bows extensively and liked the Factor and Experience the best.  Always been a bowtech guy but wanted a change.

After trying pretty much all of the new bows out there on and off for a month, I settled on a new Elite Synergy. It felt the best in my hand and shot great for me. Its definitely not a speed bow, but I'm not concerned with that. Its just a shooter and that is what I wanted. I've had the bow for a couple weeks now and have it all dialed in. Now just waiting until September!

I decided to go old school and bought a Bob Lee recurve, "The Natural" model.  62" bow 50#'s @ 30" draw.  

I've been shooting everyday and am confident in my abilities out to 15 yds.

I'm really looking forward to deer hunting this fall, almost like I've never hunted before.

Brian

I just pulled the trigger on a 2014 Hoyt Faktor #70. Brand new out of the box these were my first two shots......It was probs the coolest thing that has happened in my archery career. Literally, out of the box, set up at the shop and then straight to the range. Its a price i'm willing to pay and those maxima's aren't cheap!

IMG_20150822_170717.jpg