• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Escanaba in da Moonlight-Sap Whiskey?

leech~~

Well, we had to watch it at Deer camp for the last weekend-again! crazy

We always get into the Sap-Whiskey discussion and how it's made. Any Yooper's out there want to chime in. We know it's not legal to make but is there any distiller brand that does make something like it to try next year at camp? wink

I am a yooper and refuse to watch that movie, actually I watched about 15 minutes one time and I turned it off. I own a hunting camp in the UP and every once in a while this conversation is brought up, but we never figure it out because of the Jameson, Blackberry Brandy an JD.

A girl I went to HS with is apparently in that movie, something to do with a pool cue and a toilet paper roll? Never got that far to watch that part.

I am a yooper and refuse to watch that movie, actually I watched about 15 minutes one time and I turned it off. I own a hunting camp in the UP and every once in a while this conversation is brought up, but we never figure it out because of the Jameson, Blackberry Brandy an JD.

A girl I went to HS with is apparently in that movie, something to do with a pool cue and a toilet paper roll? Never got that far to watch that part.

Oh come on, we still watch "Fargo" laugh

Yes there is a short bar scene where a line of guys and girls try to win a contest of sorts. wink

And, I was talking to the lady at the meat center who loaded all the sausage, bacon, snacks sticks, and bologna into my car this weekend, and she was telling me how much she liked my new Taurus but that since she's birthed three kids in the past six years, she's bought an Explorer because of all the "seaters." I was like, what? "Seaters," she told me, "car seats." hahahaha. I love living where we do. Good stuff.

Sortilege is a Canadian blend of whiskey/maple syrup. Not sure if it's sold around here, but this is the HSOforum: http://www.sortilegewhisky.com/en/the-original/

Thanks. Well I had planed on dumping it in a mason jar and telling the guys I brewed it during the summer for Deer camp next year. But, at $29.99 a bottle! Maybe Not! shocked

I like Crown but hate Crown Maple. Buy some Canadian Club and add a few drops of mapeline extract. Put in Mason jars. You'll be a legend.

I don't drink the stuff myself. Hopefully the camp pro's wouldn't catch on! Ha! wink

The first half of the movie is great, tons of potential but then it just gets weird and hard to watch. By the end you don't know what to say, just kind of a train wreck.

The first half of the movie is great, tons of potential but then it just gets weird and hard to watch. By the end you don't know what to say, just kind of a train wreck.

I think the Writer thought that the booze would be kicking in around half way and we would understand the last half better by then! grin

I believe it was originally a play, then made into a movie?

It is a deer camp tradition to watch for us smile

It gets a little weird with the warden an all, but after ya watch it a few dozen times the whole movie gets better grin

I believe it was originally a play, then made into a movie?

It is a deer camp tradition to watch for us smile

It gets a little weird with the warden an all, but after ya watch it a few dozen times the whole movie gets better grin

"I was up on the ridge checking for irregularities, and I saw God!"

Love it. grin

What Warden would be out in the middle of the woods at night looking for irregularities? Maybe setup on the side of a road or something with a decoy. It's all over played that's what makes it funny. smile

On 11/23/2014 at 7:28 PM, leech~~ said:

Well, we had to watch it at Deer camp for the last weekend-again! crazy

We always get into the Sap-Whiskey discussion and how it's made. Any Yooper's out there want to chime in. We know it's not legal to make but is there any distiller brand that does make something like it to try next year at camp? wink

@leech~~, did you ever find any sap whiskey?

Well, you could take a bunch of sap, add some yeast and let it ferment.   When it is done fermenting leave it out in the cold to get slushy.  Pour off the liquid and throw the ice away.   Ta Da.  Sap Whiskey.   Or Old Stump Blower....

Old school.