• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best boots for still/stand hunting?

Coach

I am looking for the warmest pair of boots people have found for stand hunting. My son has trouble with cold feet and I want to get him the best so that cold feet is not an issue anymore. Please let me know what you have found.

Thank you

I have a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Icemans. Very warm boot, almost too warm. I spent 11+ hours in my stand last Friday and never got cold feet, they were toasty warm all day. If your son's feet sweat easily have him use anti-persperant on his feet and use moisture wicking socks. Don't lace up the boots real tight either. Tight boots can cause poor circulation which will cause cold feet too.

Muck Arctic Pro, best cold weather boots I have, I have tried boots with liners, 1200 Rocky's, 1400 gr. leather boots, nothing would keep the bottom of my feet warm, last year I went with a pair of the artic pro's and my feet have never been cold since. Ice fishing last winter, warm feet, hole hoping on Devils Lake for 6 hours on bare ice, warm feet.

I use the Cabelas Saskatchewan boots. I love them!

That being said I will start with whats inside the boot. For years I had cold feet. I finally figured out that my feet were always wet from sweating. My problem wasn't keeping warm. I'm always fairly warm, but my feet would sweat and I needed good socks to keep my feet dry and breathing. I found I stay warmer with a proper sock combo in lighter boots unless its super cold.

I would start by figuring out why his feet are cold. More insulation or heaters aren't always better if the cause is wetness. A good combo would include a base layer sock for wicking followed by an insulation layer sock. NO COTTON! Synthetics and wool are the best. FInd the right combination of insulation layers and you won't need a heavy pac boot until the temps truly require it.

I agree with the quality sock statement very true. I HATE big clumsy boots period, I prefer to where a mid weight boot with a good sock combo and if it gets really cold i pull out the boot blankets and put them on when I get in the stand, with them you will never have cold feet again..

I have the white Bunny Boats also and they are very warm but very heavy. I use them along with good socks (Filson heavyweight) for ice fishing. But they are so heavy that I bought Camuk Extremes (spendy but light and warm) and use the boot booties and toe warmers and I also sit in a heater body suit. I was not cold at all last week.

The military surplus Mickey Mouse boots have always done the trick for me. The white ones are warmer than the black ones. Also make sure they say Beta on the bottom. Those are military issue and not knock-offs.

Agree (but I got the black ones)! I've had my mickeys for almost 20 years and paid around $25 back then. Fleet Farm sells them for about $60 now. I'm going to purchase another pair once they have my size in as I finally put a hole in my old ones. They are heavy and have horrible grips but neither play a big factor from sitting in a stand all day. For ice fishing, you just need some cleats.

All-in-all, best boot for the money hands down!

I used some LaCrosse 1200 gram rubber boots all past deer season for 8 days and my toes did not get cold, even with all day sits. I am sold on the activated handwarmers under my toes. I wear polyprop socks with good wool socks and make sure the boots go on a boot dryer every night. I was warm and mostly scent free to boot.

Check out the rechargeable lithium ion heated insoles from the C store.

I was looking at them in the Late Season Hunting catalog last night. Seemed like they might be a decent option to buying new boots. Not that they're cheap, but maybe cheaper than a top of the line new pair of boots. And for the price, I'm thinking they're probably made well.

I'm considering giving them a try.

Oh yeah, they come with a remote for off/med/hi heat. Can last 6 hours on high. Is another remote a good thing for a guy?? wink