• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tickets And Seating At TCF Stadium?

FISHINGURU

I want to go to a Vikings game or two this season and have never been to TCF Stadium and have a couple questions.

1. Where is the best place to purchase tickets?

2. What are some of the better seats for the money?

I'm willing to spend between $150-$300 per ticket.

I've been looking around at a few different places that sell tickets I just don't want to pull the trigger and find out I could of got better seats for cheaper.

Well I can't speak for the Viking tickets per se, but as a Gopher ticket holder I'll say this:

- the better food is on the south side of the stadium (i.e. the side with the press boxes)

- the north side of the horseshoe gets better sun from the south on cold days and also is shielded from the wind. You also get a good view of the campus depending on your seats

- I don't know if they installed beer taps throughout as part of the Vikings deal, but if not, you want to be close to the open end of the horseshoe as that's where most of the beer is sold, along with some beer tents just outside the north side of the stadium (accessible from the concourse)

Your best bet/bargain will be buying tickets at the game from scalpers or the average joe trying to unload the tickets they got for free from work or friends.

It sounds risky but there are always tickets avaible for face value or below other than say a packers or bears game.

Just bring a seating map and cash. 2 tickets together will be easier/cheaper then 4 for the most part.

If that route is not an option there will be tickets available online...some good deals there but you could encounter a potential scam so be careful.

If you want to make sure you have good seats prior to the game. Stub hub and other brokers are a good option but you pay a little extra.

Also the Vikings will have tickets for sale too. Often the visiting team will return tickets during the week right up until game time.

You wont be paying anything close to 300 unless you want packer tickets.

Good luck.

I plan on hitting a few more games this year myself as outdoor football ROCKS!

I agree with Pier. On-site scalper guys get you the best deals. The closer you get to kickoff the more desperate they get - especially when demand is low (bad team). Just be careful you don't buy a phony ticket.

Another option would be to park near the stadium the night before - someone might break into your car and leave a pair of tickets on your dash. IALTO

So single game tickets went on sale a week or so ago. 8am for in person at the ticket office versus 10am online.

At 5am there was 1 guy in line at 8am there was like 6 people.

grin

Really? There were that many? The guy there at 5am must have thought the ticket office was a Starbucks or something.

Another option would be to park near the stadium the night before - someone might break into your car and leave a pair of tickets on your dash. IALTO

Aaaaaalwaaaaaaaays!!

I actually am looking for the Packers game tickets Pier, I should probably just buy them while I can. I'm finding some pretty good seats for around 2-$250.

Yeah both teams record will play a roll in pricing.

But a home outdoor Pack/Vike game is probably going to be a very tough ticket IMO. The demand from both fan bases will be high.

So yeah if thats the game you want 200 to 250 might not be too bad right now price wise.

That will be an insane atmosphere for sure!

Pier, were you the first guy in line at 5 am? smile

Nope im too cheap to ever pay face value. grin

I thought I heard the poor guy didnt even get the game he wanted because it required a 2 game purchase. Cant remember if it was opener or not. I think he ended up with bengle tickets or something.

So which side is the Vikes gonna be on when your looking at the seating chart? The ones I been seeing have the Vikes up top and the Visitor on the bottom but then I seen an * that had a note saying the Visitor section is now the Vikings. Anyone know what's up with that?