• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I'm finding - nothing not in my spots. I've heard of reports that some are finding them though. I'm sure you are correct it's in sunny areas where it's warming up more. With all this rain, it's a perfect set up for a huge crop of shrooms. I think if we get a couple decent days (over 70 degrees) they'll be all over the place this year. These 30 degree nights are probably not ideal...we need a warm up.

I've been taking my spores home with me the last few years. I dump the cleaning water out in a few spots in the yard. This afternoon I found these right where I dumped it for the last two years.

coincidence?

full-255-45699-pic208.jpg

full-255-45700-pic209.jpg

I've been taking my spores home with me the last few years. I dump the cleaning water out in a few spots in the yard. This afternoon I found these right where I dumped it for the last two years.

coincidence?

I have been doing the same thing hoping to start my own growing field in the back yard, but only had one come up yet. frown

Spent all afternoon checking out two new spots. Found none. My neighbor went out today, none. Father-in-law went, none. So still early is the consensus I guess. I was happy to find plenty of dead elms on the the property behind my house that we bought last fall though.

All signs point to next week being a good week for hunting morels. More rain and a bit warmer (70 degrees). By the end of next week, the lilacs should be close to open or opening and the first dandelions will have gone to seed. This is what we've been waiting for...Memorial Weekend should be great! Happy Hunting!

I spent about four hours this morning without much to show for it. A few devil's urn, a few velvet foot, a few scarlet cups, and a few unidentified.

But I *did* find a ton of fiddleheads and a bunch of ramps, so all is not (yet) lost.

Are you going to eat the velvet foot? Saw tons of fiddleheads as well yesterday not many shrooms though...........was trying to pre scout for tomorrows adventure with the rugrat. would suppose mid next week we should be seeing some stuff pop in our neck of the woods.

Success!!!

Found well over 100 greys this afternoon. About 50 miles west of Minneapolis. Middle of the woods, and it has been darn cold here. A couple nicer blondes mixed in. Found them by many trees that didnt hold any last year. I think we have a bumper crop on the way.

Checked another woods and struck out.