• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

LMITOUT

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, because it is...other than some new frosting every Nov.

I know it's the same engine, everyone does. I asked how a new engine would improve gameplay on a new game and you referred to an edition of the series using the same, albeit, older version of the current engine. You tried to explain why you thought a new engine would improve the series with an example of a time a new engine was not used to improve the series. It was new ideas, game modes, killstreaks, customization that made the MW fun.

I agree, the series is stale. My game play on the last two combined is half of what MW2 was. A new engine alone wont make or break a game.

No, you dont get it. MW was a great game because of the ideas, not a new engine. A new engine alone will not make a great game. That is what Ive been getting at.

Moving along. Maybe Ill return after the game has come out to get your glowing review of it. I mean, lets face it, after all the bad things you have to say about it, you're stilling going to get it.

Lmit, I'm with tutf. You want a new game engine (obviously) Being specific, what do you want said engine to do? It's like you're saying "I want a better focus every year", ford asking you what you want improved (more hp, better mpg, better handling etc) & you just keep screaming "just make something I'll like!"

SPECIFICALLY, tell us what would make this game appealing to you.

Well let’s face it, MN winters suck more than any game will, so yes, at the very least I’ll give it a shot. The price drop of the XBone is tempting but not sure I’m ready to pull the trigger yet. I just want a fun game I can hang out at night and play with y’all when its effin 30 below

Id like to but not sure if Ill get this one. I think it looks plenty fun but its more fun playing with a group and everyone I used to play with moved on to new systems or stopped playing. If I do get pick it up it wont be 'til after this semester, around holiday break. Holiday noob, anyone?

Well let’s face it, MN winters suck more than any game will, so yes, at the very least I’ll give it a shot. The price drop of the XBone is tempting but not sure I’m ready to pull the trigger yet. I just want a fun game I can hang out at night and play with y’all when its effin 30 below

Good I was hoping you would jump back on.. I pre-ordered for 360.. not made the jump to new console yet.

I hopped on Ghosts last night for the first time in months. The very first words I heard were “shut the #!@% up Mr point 89 KD”. Nice to see nothing has changed. grin I played one game, had mad lag, went 5-18, shut it off and went to bed.

I sat out Ghosts with COD fatigue, played BF4 a bunch - which was a disaster, but bit the bullet on this one. I wasn't going to, but I read this and it gave me a little hope (from the developer):

“We’ve done some things to make sure snipers are not able to take advantage of their properties – for example, there are attachments based on weapon classes that are specific. The ability to quick-draw with an assault rifle is important, but you don’t want to have the ability to quick-draw with a sniper rifle because that lends itself to being a faster, quick-scope model.”

Quick scoping was my biggest pet peeze of the game. I'm skeptical, but I'll give it a shot. I was ready for a new shooter for winter anyway, plus if you buy the DIGITAL downloadable version, you get a free upgrade to the same next Gen console. I'm planning on picking up a PS4 for Christmas, so this made sense for me.

i will try and red box it before i buy it, but it is not looking good that i will pick it up, and dtro i will echo what you said about ghosts, i played a few games the other day, started out great then back to the same ol game i stop playing months ago, i do however need a new game for winter as im already done with gta5

Going to head over to Game Stop in a few minutes to pre-order. Read somewhere that pre-order can pick up a day early and get 2xp for that 24 hours. I wont be able to play for quite awhile due to work and a nodak duck hunting trip but it also mentioned a or some bonus weapon(s). Usually the bonus weapons are beast. Only game I buy for the year.

We have ours downloaded with all of the update files and bonus materials.

My boys are watching the countdown timer during the TV timeouts for football games.

Looks like there's stuff completely different than everything else.

Thought we would have a hard time downloading, took about 3 hours to download everything.

Other than that, we will see what the servers are like at 11 pm tonight.

I'm on PS4.

Had it pre-loaded so started right in with multiplayer at 11 pm tonight.

I played for an hour with the 9 year old, we are both rank 10 with real crappy shooting.

Inbetween matches you can go to the firing range and try guns while you wait. When you match is ready, it sends you to the match.

Very, very smooth, no glitches at all. You gain stuff by getting "supply drops". I've already got a gold gun. The better the color, the better the gun.

Gotta go to work, so headed to bed. If you've skipped on the last couple of CoD, for the first hour review, I would be all over it.

The jumping thing, it comes into play in games like infected. We played infected, Team Death match and a couple of games of Kill Confirmed.

Didn't see anyone way way out of line with their ranks, although I'm sure by 8am tomorrow there will be people prestiged just from tonight.