• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pop up camper

stckthrwr

We are looking at getting a pop up camper this year. We would like to do more camping, but my back doesn't take to being on the ground.

We are looking at getting one that is a bit older to try it out with the boys first to make sure that they enjoy it.

Are there things to look at on a pop up that would make you walk away immediately? Things to watch for?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan

Don't look at one that is already set up. Make sure the hand crank works smoothly, up and down. After that check the condition of the glass and screens. They will need to be in good shape, otherwise your asking for bug trouble. The family will not enjoy that.

You will be surprised how much room there is in even a smaller pop-up. I love mine smile

I've been kind of against a pop up wanting to get more of a trailer one, but now I am coming around. We don't want to spend a lot on one now in case the boys don't like it. But I think they will.

Thanks for the help!

Nathan

I bought my first camper last night. 1998 starcraft starlounge 12ft box 24ft setup . I looked for water stains on the canvas,holes in screens, ran everything, fridge, furnace tried both gas and electric. cranks it is great! My wife and kids are very excited for future use. Now looking for canoe for fishing out of since I can't tow boat along.

Now looking for canoe for fishing out of since I can't tow boat along.

That's a pretty good size camper. Put some racks on top and you can get a decent sized aluminum boat up there.