• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2014 Vikings Schedule

BuckSutherland

Quote:
Strength of schedule: 21st, .477

Vikings Regular-Season Schedule (All times Eastern)

Week 1: Sunday, Sep. 7, at St. Louis, 1 p.m.

Week 2: Sunday, Sep. 14, New England, 1 p.m.

Week 3: Sunday, Sep. 21, at New Orleans, 1 p.m.

Week 4: Sunday, Sep. 28, Atlanta, 4:25 p.m.

Week 5: Thursday, Oct. 2, at Green Bay, 8:25 p.m.

Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 12, Detroit, 1 p.m.

Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 19, at Buffalo, 1 p.m.

Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 26, at Tampa Bay, 1 p.m.

Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 2, Washington, 1 p.m.

Week 10: BYE

Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 16, at Chicago, 1 p.m.

Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 23, Green Bay, 1 p.m.

Week 13: Sunday, Nov. 30, Carolina, 1 p.m.

Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 7, NY Jets, 1 p.m.

Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 14, at Detroit, 1 p.m.

Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 21, at Miami, 1 p.m.

Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 28, Chicago, 1 p.m.

Looks like about 9-7, maybe 10-6. 4-12 if Ponder plays.

At Rams...

At Buffalo...

At Tampa...

At Miami...

It's hard to win on the road no matter how good or bad your team is...all these teams will be favored to win against the Vikes at HOME. The exact opposite might be true if these games were played in the TC.

I see the Vikes winning no more than 6 games this year and I'm one of their biggest fans. The so-called "toss-up" games are all on the road...6-10 is my prediction right now.

JF at #8 could change this though...

At Rams...

At Buffalo...

At Tampa...

At Miami...

It's hard to win on the road no matter how good or bad your team is...all these teams will be favored to win against the Vikes at HOME. The exact opposite might be true if these games were played in the TC.

I see the Vikes winning no more than 6 games this year and I'm one of their biggest fans. The so-called "toss-up" games are all on the road...6-10 is my prediction right now.

JF at #8 could change this though...

You thinking 5 - 11 with jf?

Hard pressed to see more than 1 or 2 wins.

I wish Vegas would have the over/under at 2 wins. I'd clean up!

We lost 5 games in the last 59 seconds last year. Our defense will be much better, the coaching staff is better, the QB situation (although not great) is still better then last year. The schedule does not look favorable, but we really don't know that until we see how the season plays out. I don't know how they will end up, but there is no reason to be that negative.

5-11 without Johnny.

11-5 with Johnny.

The Purple Kool Aid is strong with this one.

Johnny Football will be a mediocre at best NFL QB.

If drafted by the Purple he will never even rise to the level of mediocrity, he will be flat out terrible.

Vikes are in a new era of kicking a$$. I can see us going 8-8/9-7 and fighting for a playoff spot this season. I think we are going to have a new attitude around here and come up with some big wins in the closing minutes instead of giving away games.

If we add a couple more solid players from the draft like we have been doing the past few years we will be pretty looking pretty good.

Vikes are in a new era of kicking a$$. I can see us going 8-8/9-7 and fighting for a playoff spot this season. I think we are going to have a new attitude around here and come up with some big wins in the closing minutes instead of giving away games.

If we add a couple more solid players from the draft like we have been doing the past few years we will be pretty looking pretty good.

Amen!

This new coach, new attitude is all talk.

Every single stop on Zimmer's impressive resume has resulted in wins. He has taken mediocre and even outright bad defenses and turned them into top 10 and even top 5 Ds, sometimes over the course of just one season. I see no validity in your dart in the dark comment. We blew 4-5 games in the last minute last season. Regardless of the D personnel upgrades we've already made (and will still make), all we needed was a better D scheme than "fall back and hope for the best" that we panicked into after the two minute warning and it would have resulted in a 10 win team with a playoff berth (a division championship, at that). We are not nearly as far away from competing as some seem to think.

If Aaron Rodgers stays healthy this year y'all will have a real tough time winning the div this year;) Way I see Vikings schedule(as a Packers fan) I'm seeing 8-8. They are improving, also I'm kind of scared that Detroit might be competing for the division this year..we'll see. I think Chicago will have a mediocre season as well, and Green Bay I'm seeing 11-5, 12-4, if Rodgers and Matthews stay healthy(and Peppers I guess).