• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Leech,

It can be spray on......that's all I've found. Just bought some on Amazon for $15 and change enough for I think 4 outfits?

Thanks I'll look into it. I have never put anything on for ticks, just let my wife find em! grin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most sporting goods stores carry it. I know I have gotten it from Gander and Fleet Farm in the past. Look for an orange and blue aerosol can by Repel or a yellow spray bottle from Sawyer. I have a concentrated version that I mix up that's cheaper in the long run.

Spray your clothes down good the night before you go out and let dry. It lasts for a couple weeks and through a couple washings. It has no scent at all.

Like I said in the other thread, I've been using it for 8 years now and have never had a single tick on me while wearing treated clothes in that time. Lymes scares me so I think it's well worth the time and money to do it.

Lyme also scares me. I know two people that are suffering chronic medical problems due to Lyme. One is only 40-years-old.

Went out yesterday and all of my clothing was treated last week. My younger brother didn't listen to big brother. He was picking off ticks and I ended up have to remove a deer tick from his shoulder.

NoWiser, where did you get the concentrated version?

I do treat my shoes and socks. I figure it can't hurt anything.

My dad picked up the concentrate for me when he got some for himself, so I don't know for sure, but I believe it is from Fleet Farm. I think it's for farm use but I just dilute it a bit and it seems to work just fine.