• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's Everyone Doing During This COLD Snap?

DonBo

Taking quiver, hunting site, etc. off my bow today. Turning the hunt machine into a target bow. Realized my arrrows took a beating this fall So....

DSCN33891_zps29e400cc.jpg

Sad to see the hunting season come to an end, but know that just gets us closer to turkey season. smile

Like you I have some fletching to do. But I spent most of today going through gear and putting it away. Also took all the batteries out of everything that's getting stored.

Plugged in the Jeep so it will start a little easier in the morning. I got to get to work in the morning cause I'm the one who unlocks the doors and turns on the lights.

I'm doing lots of PT on my shoulder so I can shoot my bow more in the off season than I did last year. I'm also working out like a mad man in hopes of being in better shape for elk season next year than I was this year. Every year it seems to get tougher...

Other than that, I'm drinking beer and watching football!!! smile

I did truck and snowmobile maintenance over the weekend. I had a chance to use a heated shop with a lift and took full advantage of it. Plus I went shopping to use up a couple gift cards from Christmas. That took me to Gander and Cabelas. I don't normally browse / shop much. It's usually get in, find what I want and get out. It was kind of fun seeing a few things I didn't know where on the market. Plus, I even handled some of the many crossbows Cabelas has in stock. wink

I hunted the last weekend of North Dakota 2013 archery. The weather was cold, but the deer movement was excellent. I ended up not filling my tag, but saw lots of deer and several very nice bucks, I just couldn't close the distance this weekend on one that I deemed a shooter. I did manage to stumble upon a couple of freshly dropped 5 point sides off of what appear to be about a 145-150" and 135-140" buck respectively (the bigger of which I had an encounter with over Christmas). As soon as I can, I'll be out looking for the matches!