• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trestle Inn for lunch ride-Finland area.

leech~~

Thinking of setting up a ride for the Finland northshore area the first or second weekend in Jan the 4th or 11th. Randy-Gary any dates work out for you guys or anyone else that wants to meet up and ride up there? I will add that this is not a radar run to the next bar. We may stop and talk sleds or fishing stuff and maybe even smell the pine trees! grin

Here's a little taste of the snow level we had last time up there. wink

full-27051-40304-looper015.jpg

There is a bar right as you come into Finland that I think is called the 4 seasons. They have a big parking lot and they have let us unload in their lot each time I have been up there. I just call them a head of time to give them a heads up if there is going to be a lot of trailers. There is another parking spot we have used just up Hefflefinger Rd just past the "Our Place" bar on the corner of hwy 1 in town. The trail is right across the road from the 4 seasons and the other parking spot. We usally start out by running the short Moose Walk trail loop and then head down to the Trestle for lunch and loop back to Finland from there. But if people wanted they could make it a two day ride and head up to Ely or up the Northshore trail from there as well the next day. There always seems to be some good snow once you get up the hill back from the lake in that area.

full-27051-40347-looper018.jpg

There are a few around the area more by Silver Bay down the road. You could Google Motels-resorts in Finland MN area. I know Crooked lake lodge right at the Trestle Inn has cabins but the last time we stayed it was a little rustic for some.

Not sure I will make this but Ely might be another option for lodging. Are any of you guys considering this trip thinking about making this a 2 day event? To me its way to much driving from Mpls for a 1 day ride. Have to also see what January brings for weather as cold temps seem to be sticking around this year.

Don't count out how nice this area is for a ride even for one day. I have done it about 5 times. There is a long winter and I plan on making other sled trips as well but this is one area I like to hit the most in MN. Don't be a hater Walleye man. frown

I have an empty spot on my trailer as you know from last year and we could ride up together for the ride. wink

Not a hater just a 4+ hour drive each way in one day is a lot of driving for a day trip. Ive never rode up there but I know people that have and its supposed to be some of the nicest scenery and trails in the state.

I think it only takes me about 2 1/2hrs right up 35W but if you can't make it maybe you can hook up on some other rides this winter. This one is still open to who ever wants to meet up for a ride. wink

Randy-Gary did you find out if either weekend will work for you? Lets try and firm up a weekend that works. Anyone else that wants to join in on the ride can chime in on a date that may work as well. Thinking of either Sat Jan 4th or Sat Jan 11th right now. smile