• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camp Ripley 2nd Weeknd

Bwana

Walleyehooker,

I just said it happened the last time I was there. We had a party member show up "early" for us that year but he hit the gate right on time and went right in. He told us they were holding the super early arrivals that year.

Maybe he was just pulling our chains?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I said in anoyher thread:

I talked to the guys near the front of the line (last year)and they said they lined up at 3AM. We lined up at 5AM and were half way down motorpool road. One of these years they are going to send the "early birds" to the end of the line again.

They also said they have been going for many years and once about 10 years ago they DID send the early birds to the end of the line.

They have done it and might again. Thats the gamble you take. I will be in line at 5:05.

Yep, There is something going on with Ripley. You used to see 20-30 deer a day and now you are lucky if you see a couple. Is it the wolves?

How many wolves are people seeing? If there is a large wolf population in Ripley that has taken the herd down that far you'd think there would be at least a few wolves sighted by all the hunters in Ripley the last couple weekends.

Anyone seeing wolves or evidence of wolves?

My other thought is that the population has balanced itself to the carrying capacity of the land. If everyone used to see 20-30 deer that would in my mind be too many. Great for hunting but hard to maintain a population that size.