• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

neighbors dog in heat

smackem33

Just so you'll all know, you cannot count on the country sherriff for ANY help. Maybe a little sympathy-but thats all. Most Countys in MN have no "nuisance dog" ordinances that are clearly enforceable by your sheriff. State statutes address the problem of dogs at large, but again, in such general terms it is fairly useless.

Many people apparently cannot grasp the fact that MN has changed. You cannot expect to let your dog wander all over the country side. I expect that MOST people in these Forums care enough about their dog to be responsbile for it and take the right steps to protect their dog and anybody who might come in contact with it.

By coincidence we have a 125+lb shepard and some sort of scroungy looking mixed breed running around on our property from time to time. We know they have killed chickens and we know they have been seen chasing deer. Calling the local law folks earns you a long yawn and a "sorry 'bout that" Somebody WILL shoot those dogs-only a matter of time. I can't do it, much as I want the useless basttrds gone! And of course the owners are toothless, grinning, drooling refugees from North Dakota who just look at you and smile when you try to talk to them.

Makes a huge difference, 1 female dog in heat equals problem for all surrounding dogs, why should we all punish or dogs for one female that Isn't ever going to get bred? When I say punish I mean rope them up all year long.
Is your dog fixed?

I leave my male dog outside all day long, with invisible fence. There are probably 20 dogs within a one mile radius, he has never ran off... because I am responsible and have invisible fencing. Another cheap option is a chain or cable run.

As others have stated, your dog is the problem.

You really have the heart to shoot someones Dog? You are one cruel person I feel sorry for you. Its not like I live by public hunting. Just south of the rifle line

Not everyone is a dog lover. I like dogs but I know of one I wouldnt hesitate to put down. When all is said and done, you and you alone are responsible for controlling the movements of your dog. If your dog makes it to his property its on you and no one else.

Problem solved. He is going to send a text our call when his dog is in season. my dog doesn't run wild or roam around looking for female dogs like you guys are inferring. He stays on my property, only when his dog is in heat is when he will take off. I just Wonder how far dog can catch scent on a female in heat. I bet it will blow my mind the distance

Problem solved. He is going to send a text our call when his dog is in season. my dog doesn't run wild or roam around looking for female dogs like you guys are inferring. He stays on my property, only when his dog is in heat is when he will take off. I just Wonder how far dog can catch scent on a female in heat. I bet it will blow my mind the distance
Boy are you off the wall!Your dog dont run around till someone elses dogs scent draws it off.Try being responcible!If you want to own a animal take the effort to be responcible for your animal.Maybe keep it at home at all times,It may need a leash if you cant control it.Dont lay blame on anyone but yourself!!

A dog on my property that is not mine will be dealt with force, up to and including lethal force.

I have 2 dogs of my own and a 2.5yo daughter and a 4yo son.

A severe mauling can happen in the blink of an eye, I do not trust strange dogs.

I prefer to use a preemptive blast of bear spray on any dog that wanders into my yard, usually they get the message.

I do get a kick out of the dog owners who let their dogs go wherever they please because they live in the country. The same as people who walk down our rural driveway from the nearby county campground or state park. If I lived in the cities, would it be OK for someone to parade around in your front yard or hang out in your driveway? No, of course not, so keep yourself and your dog off other people's land in the country. Period. You are breaking the law by trespassing. And your dog is trespassing as well. Expect that the dog may not come home.

Hey BlackJack....I did not mean to imply that ALL refugees from North Dakota are like that-just this pair. We know who they are. And my description is accurate. Ha Ha Ha!

Most N.D. refugees are as normal as you and me. Or at least me!