• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FYI for IOS 7

I upgraded mine, I have no issues at all. In fact I really like a few of the new options, like being able to block phone numbers right on your phone, photo editing right from camera, even before you snap the picture, easier access to common apps, and system settings.

The one person we worked with the most and her phone works some places and not other, some features work everywhere, some fail on some WIFI. Strange to say the least. I would read through a few pages discussions in that link before upgrading. Seems the Apple knows about it and is working on a solution, but not out yet.

I like the update, but my battery life has been horrendous. I've been able to burn up 50% in an hour with heavy use.

Realizing this isn't going to cut it during hunting season, I picked up the PowerGen 5200mAh battery pack. Tried it out this last weekend, and it gave me about 3 recharges. Works for me!

I upgraded to a new iphone5 a few weeks ago and the rep told me to update the operating system before synching my phone. Not knowing there was a huge IOS that had just rolled out, I did it. While IOS7 takes some getting use to, it works just fine for me. I can't point to any specific problems. I can't even say for sure that my battery usage is higher or lower, especially since I'm using a new phone. It seems to eat up battery about the same as my iphone4 used to but it's close enough that I don't fret over it.

I had problems with the phone locking up when I tried to access voice mail or delete calls but then I saw I had 920 deleted voice mails in the deleted folder so I cleared that out and now it works fine. There was a new update last night and it seems like any glitches are worked out.

I think most of the issues come with Enterprise type firewalls that do both egress and ingress filtering. After some deep searching we found the Gmail for IOS changed the ports they talk on. Found them and opened the new ports up to our public network and they started to work.

Because is extremely rare for home users/internet cafe and some businesses to do egress filtering most won't see the issues.