• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GTA V

LMITOUT

How bout you live your life they way you want and I’ll choose how to live mine?   I’m sure I can find something in your daily routine that is a total waste too.   Kind of like watching any pro sports, or better yet,  posting in this thread.   Total waste of life.  smirk

Gaming is a fun break from the daily grind.  The GTA series is no better or worse than any other game.  Whether you are blasting aliens, gunning down drug dealers, or mixing stripes and wrappers.   Its all the same

your stupid.

I'm not stupid, you're stupid. You look funny and your mom wears combat boots.

I'll agree with Dtro on this one. I'm not interested in this type of thing and I still don't understand why others are, nor do I really care. However, I'm not preaching it's bad. I just don't get it.

Then again, there's a whole lot of stuff out there that I don't get.

Gaming is a fun break from the daily grind.  The GTA series is no better or worse than any other game.  Whether you are blasting aliens, gunning down drug dealers, or mixing stripes and wrappers.   Its all the same

I'm all for the live and let live thing.

It sucks that there are so many kids and/or young adults who don't use video games (in general, not just this one) as a "break from the daily grind" that you and I would view it as, but as a lifestyle. I think it sucks that people can't make better choices and enjoy in moderation, but that's life.

That being said, I commend Take 2 Interactive for making such a popular game. They apparently know what the masses want, as it's the most successful launch in history of gaming.

I worked with a guy for awhile at an old job that would take massive amounts of vacation time when a big game would be released. When a previous version of GTA came out while I worked with him he took 2 weeks of vacation and played non stop for 14 straight days. We only got 15 days vacation/sick days so he blew almsot his entire years vacation to play a video game. The first day back at work he came stumbling in that morning, apparently he didn't go to bed until 4am because he was up playing the GTA all night. Not a huge surprise that he's still stuck at the same low level job almost 10 years later.

I get why people play these games despite the fact I've never played them. I just don't get the obsession and almost compulsion that seems to be prevelant with some people.

I know this guy that left work yesterday and drove an hour to sit in a boat for another 7 hours and was excited because he caught an eel. Made the hour drive home and got to bed at 2:30. He slept for about 3 hours before heading into work today and was pretty much a Zombie all day.

Its a fine line....

I won't start GTA V until I've finished GTA IV, and I haven't even started that one yet.

I tend to be a couple years behind the latest game releases.

1) It's cheaper

2) I only play 'moderate' amounts, pretty much Wednesdays when I'm not out fishing.

Also they'd need to release the PC version of GTA V for me to be able to play it. I have a Wii, but these days that's almost a dedicated Netflix machine.

I was most excited about the online play as well, but found that the missions/game play etc. is so well done on this game that I was actually let down by the online play. This has been one of my favorite games of all time. So much detail, not to mention the map is HUGE.

Just last night I decided to pop it in and play for a half hour (I had to start the game over because my last PS3 died). My wife, who couldn't care less about this game ended up on the edge of her seat as I broke into the military base, stole a cargo chopper and proceeded to try to fly it away as a military attack chopper was repeatedly launching missiles at me. After several failed attempts ending with me getting blown out of the sky, I finally started to ram my chopper into the other one until they crashed (my theory being my chopper is bigger and tougher, :-) ). I limped my stolen chopper back to the airport with smoke billowing out. The best part is that mission is just a prep mission for the next heist.