• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Verizon Bill

Hello all,

My wife and I have had Verizon for a few years now and it just seems that the prices get higher and higher. We have two iPhones with their 700 min package and she has unlimited data still along with hotspot on her phone and I only have the 2GB plan. Our bill is 200 bucks a month! I just think that its outrageous but we both need phone and what not? Just hard to get by now a days when all these prices keep going up... Talked with my sister and hers is about 150 for fully unlimited for two phone but no hotspot for Sprint.. Seriously considering other options but we don’t really live in a "Large City" where any service works...

Are you sure you didnt want to place this in the first world problems thread in silly town? LINKY

We have two iPhones with their 700 min package and she has unlimited data still along with hotspot on her phone and I only have the 2GB plan. Our bill is 200 bucks a month! I just think that its outrageous but we both need phone and what not? Just hard to get by now a days when all these prices keep going up

Is it a want or do you REALLY need it?

On the subject of the bill Verizon has discounts for just about anything. I get %25 off our bill because of my employer. They would offer the same if we used my wifes employer also. We have the family shared plan 700 minutes, 2GB of data for each us and we pay $150.

Hello all,

My wife and I have had Verizon for a few years now and it just seems that the prices get higher and higher. We have two iPhones with their 700 min package and she has unlimited data still along with hotspot on her phone and I only have the 2GB plan. Our bill is 200 bucks a month! I just think that its outrageous but we both need phone and what not? Just hard to get by now a days when all these prices keep going up... Talked with my sister and hers is about 150 for fully unlimited for two phone but no hotspot for Sprint.. Seriously considering other options but we don’t really live in a "Large City" where any service works...

We have 5 phones, 2 unlimited data, a mobile hotspot and a tablet with 2gb / data / month. Our bill is $350.

Now, with that said, I've thought about switching to T-mobile or Sprint or AT&T, but the truth of the matter is, either I'm not going to have as good of service, or I'm basically going to be paying the same amount.

You said your sister pays $150, but the mobile hotspot is $30 / month, so that would out you at $180. After the extra taxes, you're right back to $200.

Unless you're basically going to cut out everything except the phone calls, you have to look at it like gas. You're going to be paying more than you think you should, and there's nothing (other than not having it) you can do about it.

Hello all,

I have seriouly thought of dumpimg my cell phone. It's not that it is all that much per month but do I really need it.

I went 40 years without a cell phone along with everyone else. Do I have to pay those fee's for one when truely I do not need it. we just think we do.

Seems everything got done years ago without them.

Just like Cable TV, nothing more than a convienence, not needed.

JUst like the internet, lived without it but can go without it.

It all costs money to enjoy whatever toys we decide to own and how we live our lives.

I have a straight talk phone $30 for 30 days unlimited talk and text. It works everywhere a Verizon phone works. They have a $45 unlimited data plan also but I am not sure how well the Internet works, was thinking about trying it but haven't got around to it yet. I live in western minnesota and we don't have the best coverage but I don't lose anymore calls then the people paying $100 a month.

If all you need is talking and maybe texting you might consider using a dumb phone and a prepaid plan. I do that now and since I don't use the phone much I get by for between 50 and $100 per year or under $10 per month. I am on Tmobile (roams on att as well) but others I know use tracphones etc.

Calls are 10 cents per minute. texts are 10 cents also.

But you give up all the smartphone goodies.

Out of our 5 phones, 3 are dumb, 2 are smart. The two smart are grandfathered in for unlimited data.

The 3 dumb phones cost us $10 / month, each. If we were to dump these phones, we lose our unlimited data.

If we switch plans, the dumb phones go to $30 / month.

Last month we used 16 gb of data, mostly from the mobile hotspot on a trip through ND, MT, ID, WY and back. Typical data usage is about 6-8 gb / month.

In November, I drop the $30 / month I'm paying for our tablet, plus I can drop the 2 gb of data and just run the tablet off of the mobile hotspot. That'll drop my bill back below $300. IMO, it's a good value to have internet anywhere.

If anything, I'd rather drop the house line and internet access there, but things just don't work out well enough yet when we start running 2 tablets, laptop and watch TV off of the wireless network.

I live too far out in the sticks for that capability.