• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailcam options

Scoot

I've got the itch to get a new trailcamera or two. Here's what I'm looking for:

1) No flash

2) Excellent battery life

3) Inexpensive

4) Reliable

5) Good customer service (if needed)

I'm not too wound up about picture quality- I want to have a good enough image to tell what I'm looking at, but I don't need professional grade pictures. What are my best options?

Bushnell Trophy Cam IR will match your criteria except for price. I think I paid right around $200 a couple years ago for the cam, lock box and lock. Also haven't had to use customer service cause nothing has gone wrong.

Im not a user Scoot, but for what youre looking for, all I hear about is the Coverts. For the money they sound like some of the better no-flash cameras.

If I was to buy a No-flash myself, I would go for a Moultrie 880 or 990. Fast, with quick recovery, and Im always after the highest quality pics I can get. Those are in the $150-$200 range. The Coverts are cheaper and I think lack in the picture quality, but it doesn't sound like thats an issue for you.

Busnell Trophy Cam no questions asked. We have 12 of them between the three of us. I have had two submerge last June when we had all that rain. It was taking pictures underwater for three days and had pictures of wood ducks as the water receded. I thought for sure they would be fried so I am sold.

FYI i bought 3 primos last year, and they all went back... junk.

A satisfied Trophy cam user here. We have tried many of the cameras including a couple that were knocking on $500. Makes sleeping a little hard at night.

The Trophy Cams are what we always return too. For bear we like the models with audio. Makes you feel like you are sitting in amongst them.

Even the Bushnells can have a lemon from time to time, but in the line of trail cams it’s not that unusual for quality control to have a problem. We had two in a row Leupolds that had flaws.

Good luck with whichever one you pick!

WS

Wildgame Innovations, for about $100 you get a camera that takes good pics, and if there is a problem they replace the whole camera. The negative seems to be more technical issues, but as I said they replace them.

I also have a Moultrie which has been very reliable.

I've been running covert MP6's and I'll tell you for the money I'd have a hard time finding a better cam. One set of lithium AA's lasted an entire season last year, around 7,000 pictures. At 149.99 they're a great camera, and their customer service is great. I had one that spent a week under water when we got all that flooding up here last year, I called them and told them the story and they promptly replaced it. This was obviously not their fault, and they just said that since I was honest with them they'd take care of me. Can't beat that. Easy to use, and takes great pictures as well.