• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beretta customer service is a joke

To work with Beretta Customer service for warranty work they send you to a certified repair service, I called the repair service and they said it would take 3 - 4 weeks to get the gun repaired and back to me. This is for a $1600 gun that has not been fired and was purchased within 30 days.

When I found that out I reached out to Beretta directly - via their HSOforum, no way to talk to someone live. Stated the situation and asked what my options were and they responded back with - send it to our certified repair service, closed the ticket as solved.

I have let them know I am working with the dealer and will probably be taking that gun back and the Beretta I had bought for my wife. So much for our 28 year anniversary presents.

The issue is the "B-lock" does not work as advertised, should remove in less than a second, could be as simple as a new fore end cap. Takes me 30 seconds and a fair amount of pulling to get it loose, my wife can not.

Anyone had a good experience with a gun manufacturer warranty service?

My beef with Beretta IMO is because I have a defective gun out of the box and the soonest I can be shooting is 3 - 4 weeks from now. Does not seem reasonable. I tend to believe they should be helping the dealer to exchange it, instead of the dealer or me becoming part of their inventory plan. Their customer service automated support number routed me to their certified gun repair service. It never gave me a chance to talk to someone at Beretta. Why would my beef be with the repair service?

As far as a picture/explanation of the "B-lock" from their HSOforum:

B-Lock

The new forend cap offers a safe and fast locking system that makes it easier to assemble and disassemble your shotgun. The cap is closed simply with a 60° rotation and a “click”.

Here is a link: http://www.berettausa.com/xtremeduckers.aspx

As near as I can tell either the cap is to small, the locking pin inside the cap is to long, or the magazine tube the pin locks onto is to large.

Kicking myself for not taking the gun down myself before buying it...as near as I can tell, most Berettas never need service.

I have a Beretta and had to use their CS once shortly after purchase and was given a similar time line but got it back in a few weeks.

What other company are you used to that can promise you a quicker turnaround than that?

I know Sig Sauer has very good CS. I had a similar experience with a pistol that was defective out of the box. They even paid the shipping both ways and it only took a couple of weeks to get the gun back.

To my notion, a company should bend over backwards to please a customer who received a defective new product, but I really don't think it's uncommon for gun manufacturers to take several weeks to take care of things.

My son had an older Taurus that developed a cracked frame which to my thinking is a design flaw. He shipped it back and they sent him a new pistol (updated design) a few weeks later.

Hard to say how it's supposed to work if you can't speak to the company. It would be frustrating to pay that much for a new gun and not be able to talk to someone directly from the company. I know Henry advertises that if you call Henry customer service, you can often get the company CEO on the phone. That's service.

What other company are you used to that can promise you a quicker turnaround than that?

I have sent a Tristar O/U shotgun down to Kansas twice and had it returned to me in less than a week both times.

Okay. HERE is customer service: Problem with my Iphone 4s. Called and talked to live person. They said send it to us and gave me return number. My NEW Iphone 4s arrived at 2PM the NEXT day. I put old one in the same box and tossed it in the mailbox.

Less than 24 hours start to finish.

THAT my friends.....is customer service.

The shotgun should have gone RIGHT BACK to the store and been returned as defective.

Simnple and done.